Essential Web Sites

Old October 30th 03, 03:05 AM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Essential Web Sites

First, Thanks Scott for the link to http://stinet.dtic.mil/str/index.html
that is full of usefull papers of peroxide. I found if I call late at night
that downloads go ok even for the large files.

Anyway, what do people consider the essential web sites for useful papers are?

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to

Old October 30th 03, 04:44 AM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Anyway, what do people consider the essential web sites for useful papers are?
So far I have listed:

http://stinet.dtic.mil/str/index.html
http://www.astronautix.com/
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/space/launchers/
http://www.spaceandtech.com/spacedata/elvs/elvs.shtml

Old October 30th 03, 05:10 AM
Scott Lowther

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-adv.htm
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/
http://library.lanl.gov/catalog/
http://www.llnl.gov/library/catalogs.html

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam

Old October 30th 03, 06:19 AM
David Findlay

Scott Lowther wrote:

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:

Anyway, what do people consider the essential web sites for useful papers
are?

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-adv.htm
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/
http://library.lanl.gov/catalog/
http://www.llnl.gov/library/catalogs.html

Awesome. I'm going to have millions and millions of PDF's on my harddrive
very soon.... ;-)
Thanks,

David

Old October 30th 03, 06:31 AM
David Findlay

Scott Lowther wrote:

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:

Anyway, what do people consider the essential web sites for useful papers
are?

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-adv.htm
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/
http://library.lanl.gov/catalog/
http://www.llnl.gov/library/catalogs.html

Do you know if there are CD's available from any of these sites? It would be
cool to be able to get an entire year's worth of published papers in CD
form and might be quicker and cheaper than downloading. Thanks,

David

Old October 30th 03, 07:01 AM
Scott Lowther

David Findlay wrote:

Scott Lowther wrote:

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:

Anyway, what do people consider the essential web sites for useful papers
are?

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-adv.htm
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/
http://library.lanl.gov/catalog/
http://www.llnl.gov/library/catalogs.html

Do you know if there are CD's available from any of these sites? It would be
cool to be able to get an entire year's worth of published papers in CD
form and might be quicker and cheaper than downloading. Thanks,

The only ones I know of like that are the annual AIAA papers set of
CD's. Costs something like five grand, as memory serves. Seems a bit
steep, to me.

Old October 31st 03, 05:50 AM
Christopher P. Winter

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:05:53 -0800 (PST), Earl Colby Pottinger
wrote:

First, Thanks Scott for the link to http://stinet.dtic.mil/str/index.html
that is full of usefull papers of peroxide. I found if I call late at night
that downloads go ok even for the large files.

Anyway, what do people consider the essential web sites for useful papers are?

Earl Colby Pottinger

Every NASA center maintains a report server with papers grouped by year
of publication. A little Googling should turn them up. Typically, the papers
are available in PS and PDF formats.

As for LANL, I think all of its on-line offerings have been discontinued
post-9/11. The same is true for other "sensitive" collections.

You should keep an eye out for conference sites. One good example is (or
was; don't know if it's still on-line) the 11th AIAA / AAAF INTERNATIONAL
CONFERENCE -- Space Planes and Hypersonic Systems and Technologies. The URL
is

http://hypersonic2002.aaaf.asso.fr/papers/

Chris W

Old November 4th 03, 04:54 AM
News Admin

Scott Lowther wrote:
Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:

Anyway, what do people consider the essential web sites for useful papers are?

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-adv.htm
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/
http://library.lanl.gov/catalog/
http://www.llnl.gov/library/catalogs.html

The NACA digital archive can be surprisingly usefull too.
Maybe not quite cutting-edge.