Rutan's RASCAL

Old November 16th 04, 06:21 AM
Scott Lowther

Pat Flannery wrote:

Scott Lowther wrote:

That's a recon plane, BTW.

Has anybody figured out what's in that bump on the back of the thing?
Camera equipment?

The book I have with the info on the plane is in some sorta weird
moon-man language, so I can't tell you what it says, but it's eiterh
cameras (unlikely) or satcom equipment (more likely).

I'm really annoyed that the English versions of the entries on this page
don't seem to work;

You think that's bad... I really wanna know what the hells goign on he
http://vtol.boom.ru/storey/yur.htm

Old November 16th 04, 06:50 PM
Pat Flannery

Scott Lowther wrote:

You think that's bad... I really wanna know what the hells goign on he
http://vtol.boom.ru/storey/yur.htm

Boy, now that's a different approach to a VTOL fighter- that one would
look right at home in "Sky Captain"
I want to know what the boxy widgets inside the leading edges of the
T-4MS's wings are on this drawing:
http://sergib.agava.ru/russia/sukhoi...mages/200c.jpg
That's from this page:
http://sergib.agava.ru/russia/sukhoi/t/4/ms/t4ms_e.htm
Are they related to the "stealth technologies" the article mentions?

Pat

Old November 17th 04, 01:18 AM
Scott Lowther

Pat Flannery wrote:

I want to know what the boxy widgets inside the leading edges of the
T-4MS's wings are on this drawing:
http://sergib.agava.ru/russia/sukhoi...mages/200c.jpg

Borscht storage.

Old November 17th 04, 10:46 AM
Pat Flannery

Scott Lowther wrote:

Borscht storage.

If it's avionics, they've really got to start improving on the mass
fraction being devoted to differential engine-driven navigation gear.
Seriously, I've got a sneaking hunch (sometimes it's on the left
shoulder, sometimes the right, and sometimes I don't have any idea where
it is.) that this has something to do with that plasma stealth system
that they were playing up a few years back.

Pat