Help - Using a Minolta camera with my telescope

Old September 10th 03, 03:46 PM
Magnus W

"RadioFreq" wrote in
ink.net:

It seems that without film loaded, I can activate the shutter release.
Now, only when the film is loaded, the camera does not allow the
shutter to release. So... I guess have to figure out why the camera
will let me release the shutter without the film loaded as opposed to
having the film loaded.

I only have one suggestion left (it was a long time since I sold my 400si);
try putting the camera in manual focus mode. Maybe it tries to acheive AF
lock even if there is no AF lens mounted.
Old September 11th 03, 05:35 PM
RadioFreq

"Magnus W" wrote in message
. ..
"RadioFreq" wrote in
ink.net:

It seems that without film loaded, I can activate the shutter release.
Now, only when the film is loaded, the camera does not allow the
shutter to release. So... I guess have to figure out why the camera
will let me release the shutter without the film loaded as opposed to
having the film loaded.

I only have one suggestion left (it was a long time since I sold my

400si);
try putting the camera in manual focus mode. Maybe it tries to acheive AF
lock even if there is no AF lens mounted.

How is this done? I thought if the lens is not connected and the manual
focus icon is illuminated on the display, then the manual focus is engaged.

John