Earth and Jupiter are Similar

Old November 29th 18, 01:28 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default Earth and Jupiter are Similar

They are both rocky worlds with an atmosphere.

And they both have an ocean.

Life there may be similar to our own too.

Why?

No one knows.

Old November 29th 18, 04:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 4:28:49 PM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:

They are both rocky worlds with an atmosphere.

Jupiter is 99%+ gas, and "if" it has a rocky core it is very small. We don't know...yet.

And they both have an ocean.

Evidence for an ocean on Jupiter? I don't think so...

Life there may be similar to our own too.

Why?

No one knows.

Earth and Jupiter are *very* different... well, they are both round...
Old November 29th 18, 06:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

wrote:

They are both rocky worlds with an atmosphere.

Jupiter is 99%+ gas, and "if" it has a rocky core it is very small.
We don't know...yet.

And they both have an ocean.

Evidence for an ocean on Jupiter? I don't think so...

Life there may be similar to our own too.

Why?

No one knows.

Earth and Jupiter are *very* different... well, they are both
round...

I could almost give Mark half a point for his suggesting that Earth and
Jupiter are Similar ... because the rocky core that *MIGHT* exist at the
centre of Jupiter *MIGHT* be about the same size as planet Earth!!

--
Daniel
Old November 29th 18, 07:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

wrote:

They are both rocky worlds with an atmosphere.

Jupiter is 99%+ gas, and "if" it has a rocky core it is very small.
We don't know...yet.

And they both have an ocean.

Evidence for an ocean on Jupiter? I don't think so...

Life there may be similar to our own too.

Why?

No one knows.

Earth and Jupiter are *very* different... well, they are both
round...

I could almost give Mark half a point for his suggesting that Earth and
Jupiter are Similar ... because the rocky core that *MIGHT* exist at the
centre of Jupiter *MIGHT* be about the same size as planet Earth!!

--
Daniel

Ya know, the basic facts about planet formation in our solar system are easy to find and understand...

https://sciencing.com/comparison-roc...ets-23734.html

https://amazing-space.stsci.edu/reso...gasplanets.php

.... even if the fine details are elusive and might take a very long time to fully understand.... but of course, Mark has already stated that he doesn't read links because "I don't bother with any of men's war against knowledge except to oppose it." Mark would rather just make it up as he goes along, without providing any evidence whatsoever.

I find it hard to figure out what makes folks do this so often in these forums, making claims without any basis in facts, there are just too many other folks here with years or decades of study and/or education who know better.
Old November 29th 18, 01:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 9:43:22 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 4:28:49 PM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:

They are both rocky worlds with an atmosphere.

Jupiter is 99%+ gas,

No, Jupiter is mostly liquid.

and "if" it has a rocky core it is very small. We don't know...yet.

It is not a rocky core. It is the rocky surface of Jupiter.

And they both have an ocean.

Evidence for an ocean on Jupiter? I don't think so...

All astronomers know Jupiter has an immense ocean of liquid hydrogen. Either

you are programmed to oppose me at every corner or you are not very bright.

Probably both. I'm messing with your head and giving you a new perspective on

things. Both atheists and theists alike are none too swift with different

perspectives.

Old November 29th 18, 09:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 4:56:12 AM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 9:43:22 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 4:28:49 PM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:

They are both rocky worlds with an atmosphere.

Jupiter is 99%+ gas,

No, Jupiter is mostly liquid.

No, that is incorrect. Once again, you didn't read the links. If your claim is true you should not have any problem supplying your own links in support of your assertion, and understand that assertions are not proof.

Unfortunately, I can no longer use my Bull**** Meter since you have fatally overloaded it. Jupiter is almost all clouds. Read the links. Supply your own links of evidence, if you can... but you can't, because you have made this up. Why? I don't know.

And they both have an ocean.

Evidence for an ocean on Jupiter? I don't think so...

All astronomers know Jupiter has an immense ocean of liquid hydrogen.

Incorrect again. Jupiter has a core of 'degenerate' hydrogen, not liquid, there is a huge difference between the 2. If you were actually educated in physics you would certainly know this

Old November 29th 18, 09:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 2:25:12 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:
[...]

New perspectives are great and often lead to new theories, but they must be back-up with evidence in the form of experiments and/or observations, which you cannot provide. Your guesses about 'how things are' are simply not true. they are just a figment of your imagination... which also has no place in science.

Both atheists and theists alike are none too swift with different perspectives.

Well, everyone is either a theist or an atheist, and perspective has nothing to offer to science without evidence.

Do I have to take you by space ship to Jupiter to give you evidence?

Evidence is impossible with a mind that cannot put things together. You

plainly cannot. I was going to try to be nice to you. But I am not going to

because your ignorance is a sample of what is keeping our world from

progressing. You have the intelligence of an atheist who requires evidence of

God's existence when God is physically looking at him in the face.

Old November 29th 18, 10:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

[...]

Never mind. I could throw insults back at you but I am not going to. That is

not why I am here.
Old November 29th 18, 10:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 1:03:06 PM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Asking you show evidence to support your claims is not insulting you. I am almost always offering evidence for the things I claim, which is what virtually every scientist in the world is required to do if his theories are to be taken seriously.

So... why are you here?
Old November 29th 18, 10:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 3:23:07 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:
[...]

I'm here to help. I know some like you don't want help but I am here to help

anyway. Once the darts start flying all that is going to happen

is disaster for both parties.

I don't speak your language; you don't speak mine. So how can we even hope to

communicate until we have a common language? Evidence to me can be a

crystalizing sentence derived from other things known. But such is plainly not

evidence to you. To you all evidence has to be given the way it is normally

given: by test tubes, by chemical reactions, by approved measurements, by math

equations and so on.