Most Complete Astronomy Software Available

Old December 6th 03, 04:48 PM
DEEPSKY 2003

Default Most Complete Astronomy Software Available

Deepsky 2003 (for Windows) http://www.deepsky2003.net is a collection of
observer friendly software tools designed to make your observing sessions
more productive. By using these integrated tools, you'll be able to easily
plan for an observing session, be productive while observing, and record
what you see. This is no average planetarium software folks! Deepsky packs
an enormous wealth of features all integrated together in one low cost
solution.

The software is written with the observer in mind and is very easy to learn
and use. Its simple, yet powerful features will provide you with the
information you require to make your observing sessions more fun!

- Deepsky 2003 DVD NOW AVAILABLE! $79.99
- Deepsky 2003 CD NOW AVAILABLE! $52.99
- Deepsky 2003 Download NOW AVAILABLE $39.99
- Many Upgrade Options for Existing users
- All versions now include Pocket Deepsky

FEATURES:

* DVD has 400,000 Images of Deepsky Objects
* CD has 11,000 Images of Deepsky Objects
* Spreadsheet Database of 708,000 Deepsky Objects
* Interactive Star Charts with Stars to Magnitude 15.5 !
* 18 Million Stars - HGSC ver 1.3
* Super Tycho Star Catalog
* Observer's Logbook (New and totally redesigned)
* Oberserving Planner
* Integration With Cartes du Ciel software
* Sync your PC to an Internet Time Server
* 4,000 Observations from other Observers
* What's Up Wizard
* ASCOM Telescope Support
* Telescope Slide Show (Tour) Feature
* Image Processing
* Solar System Information
* Link to Digital Sky Survey, NGC On-Line, & Skyrover
* Query, Reports, Herschel List, Messier Lists
* Finder Charts

Deepsky 2003 now includes support for Many GOTO telescopes including Nexstar
5/8, GPS, 114 GT, Ultima 2000, LX200, LX200GPS, Autostar based scopes,
Astro-Physics 1200 GTO, ACP2,ACL-based telescopes (Comsoft PC-TCS, OGS, DFM,
many research grade instruments), Vixen SkySensor 2000 PC.

Old December 6th 03, 07:25 PM
Mark

SPAM,, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,
spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,
[...]

GLOIRIUS SPAM,

bUT i DON'T LIKE SPAM...EEEUUUCCC you don't like spam.

Old December 6th 03, 08:03 PM
Rod Mollise

GLOIRIUS SPAM,

bUT i DON'T LIKE SPAM...EEEUUUCCC you don't like spam.

Hi:

Well, darn! You're a big help. Frankly, I don't consider Steve's _occasional_
posts here 'spam' anyway. For one thing, they are not being delivered to your
mailbox. And, personally, I like to know about software updates to astro
software. There's been a lot on this group in recent days of far less value to
me than this. ;-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old December 6th 03, 09:47 PM
Tom Rankin

Default What is SPAM? (Was: Most Complete Astronomy Software Available)

What is SPAM after all?

This is the great debate I hold with my 2 selves! :-)

I tend to think that SPAM is in the eye (or the window) of the beholder.

Some would consider any commercial post to this n.g. a SPAM, and react
like "GLOIRIUS SPAM" did. Others, like Rod, apparently are eager to
read these types of postings, and defend them.

While I was amused by the "GLOIRIUS SPAM" response, I must also agree
with Rod that the original poster is not a frequent 'spammer', and
produces a worthwhile product, used, no doubt, by at least a few readers
of this n.g.

If you do not want to see this person's posts anymore, if can be easily
filtered out. But, items of interest to the general reader of this
group should not be prohibited, just because you have to spend a few
bucks to purchase them. Right ??

Yes, I'm famous for being of 2 minds about a subject!

Recently, I received 2 astronomy-related commercial solicitations to my
private email address that were to be forwarded to "members of my
astronomy club". In the past, I have identified myself as a contact
point for my club to various organizations. So, when I get these types
of solicitations, should I forward them to my fellow club members, so
they can tell me not to send them SPAM? (This has happened). Or should
I delete them right away, and tell the author to stop sending me crap
(this has happened too!) ??

The debate rages, at least in my schizophrenic mind....

--
Tom Rankin - Programmer by day, amateur astronomer by night!
Mid-Hudson Astronomy Association - http://jump.to/mhaa

When replying, remove the capital letters from my email address.
Old December 6th 03, 10:40 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Tom,

A "quick and dirty definition" by yours truly: ANY UNsolicited
email. That simple.

Anthony.

Old December 6th 03, 11:05 PM
Paul S. Walsh

Since you are relatively new to s.a.a., you may not be aware that it is
customary for astronomy related vendors to place a "ANN:" (which stands for
"Annoucement") preceeding the subject of their posts. Most of the s.a.a.
regulars here appreciate occasional announcements from on-topic vendors.
It's the boorish, adolescent, bandwidhth wasting responses like yours that
we could do without.

-Paul S. Walsh

Old December 7th 03, 01:40 AM
Brian Tung

Paul S. Walsh wrote:
Since you are relatively new to s.a.a., you may not be aware that it is
customary for astronomy related vendors to place a "ANN:" (which stands for
"Annoucement") preceeding the subject of their posts. Most of the s.a.a.
regulars here appreciate occasional announcements from on-topic vendors.
It's the boorish, adolescent, bandwidhth wasting responses like yours that
we could do without.

I'll let the "spam" response pass...provided the poster actually hand-typed
in every single "spam." Otherwise...

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt
Old December 7th 03, 02:00 AM
Kilolani

I disagree. Spam is "Unsolicited messages, often of a commercial nature,
sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or
newsgroups."

This posting was 1) not sent indiscriminately, and 2) sent only to two
"relevant" newsgroups.

"Mark" wrote in message
SPAM,, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,
spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,
*extra spam snipped*

Old December 7th 03, 02:06 AM
Kilolani

Unfortunately since yours is not the generally accepted definition, it would
help if you subscribed to the same one as the rest of the world, which is:

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message
Tom,

A "quick and dirty definition" by yours truly: ANY UNsolicited
email. That simple.

Anthony.

Tom Rankin wrote:

What is SPAM after all?

Old December 7th 03, 02:19 AM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Kilolani wrote:

Unfortunately since yours is not the generally accepted definition, it would
help if you subscribed to the same one as the rest of the world, which is:
"Unsolicited messages, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately
to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups."

So you are saying that "Unsolicited messages, often of a commercial
nature, sent DISCRIMINATELY to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or
newsgroups." is not spam?

Anthony.

"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message

Tom,

A "quick and dirty definition" by yours truly: ANY UNsolicited
email. That simple.

Anthony.

Tom Rankin wrote:

What is SPAM after all?