Mars Rovers What If

Old March 5th 04, 05:32 PM
LooseChanj

Default Mars Rovers What If

They 15 year old girls with blogs?

http://www.livejournal.com/users/spiritrover
http://www.livejournal.com/users/opportunitygrrl
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't
No person, none, care | and it will reach me | mean it can happen

Old March 6th 04, 01:20 AM
dave schneider

LooseChanj wrote:
They 15 year old girls with blogs?

http://www.livejournal.com/users/spiritrover
http://www.livejournal.com/users/opportunitygrrl

!!!

/dps

P.S. To avoid mod-soft warnings, I'm adding that
http://athena.cornell.edu/ has this from Steve Squyers:

"[...]So water once flowed through these rocks. It changed their
texture and their chemistry, and it left behind the clues that we've
been able to read. It's a nice conclusion, and we feel pretty
confident about it.

The really cool thing here, of course, is that a groundwater
environment like this would have been suitable for some simple forms
of microbial life. That doesn't mean life was there, of course! But we
flew this mission because we wanted to find out if Mars ever had
habitable environments. And the answer, we now believe, is that it
did.

After we announced all this to the world yesterday, I had a
reporter ask me if this finding meant "mission accomplished". My
answer was, effectively, "yes and no". On the one hand, we set out to
learn something about Mars, and we've done it. If both rovers died
tomorrow, heaven forbid, I think this mission now would always be
thought of as a success.

On the other hand, we've still got two very healthy rovers on the
surface of Mars, and a lot more work to do. At Gusev, the best stuff
may lie ahead, either in Bonneville crater or off towards the Columbia
Hills. And at Meridiani, who knows what wonders lie outside this
little crater that we landed in. In some sense, I'm not going to feel
like we've really accomplished our mission until we've learned
everything about Mars that we can possibly learn with these two
wonderful machines of ours... and that is still a long way off."

Old March 6th 04, 06:23 AM
Pat Flannery

LooseChanj wrote:

They 15 year old girls with blogs?

http://www.livejournal.com/users/spiritrover
http://www.livejournal.com/users/opportunitygrrl

This is very, very, strange...I'm getting this image of Reese
Witherspoon as Elle Woods....working for NASA...."Legally Launched"?

Pat

Old March 23rd 04, 08:34 PM
Remy Villeneuve

Pat Flannery wrote in message ...
LooseChanj wrote:

They 15 year old girls with blogs?

http://www.livejournal.com/users/spiritrover
http://www.livejournal.com/users/opportunitygrrl

This is very, very, strange...I'm getting this image of Reese
Witherspoon as Elle Woods....working for NASA...."Legally Launched"?

Pat

http://www.livejournal.com/users/spi...d=57749#t57749

This one got me laughing actually! Silly I know... But yet funny in
it's simplicity...