Happy Pi Day!

Old March 14th 06, 09:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Happy Pi Day!

"John Steinberg" wrote in message ...
Yes, March 14, Pi Day!

Who doesn't love pi!?

e which naturally feels envious.
--

Hilton Evans
Lon -71° 04' 35.3"

Old March 14th 06, 11:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

John Steinberg wrote:
Hilton Evans wrote:

e which naturally feels envious.

True, but February 1971 was a heckuva month, and e has gotten a ton of
mileage (not to mention babes) out of that whole e=mc^2 gig.

But that was a different e.

--
St. John
Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to
Old March 15th 06, 01:39 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

John Steinberg wrote:
Hilton Evans wrote:

No,no! You're thinking of E.

I was referring to e as in 2.71828183...

Shhh! If you don't want to burn in hell with the prince of darkness
for all eternity, you'll ignore the *slight* distinction.

My cat is named after the ratio of a circles circumference to its
diameter. 3.14159.... etc and so you can't really say his name as it
goes on and on. Kind of like the artist formerly known as Prince and
now is Prince (or not), but i digress, we just call him PI for short.
I know he want to hear the whole name but I don't have the time.

What does this have to do with amateur astronomy ?

PI is my observing companion in the garden.
His favorite object.. the mice..(an interacting pair of galaxies that
looks like mice).

d.

Old March 15th 06, 02:47 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Hilton Evans wrote:

No,no! You're thinking of E.

I was referring to e as in 2.71828183...

Shhh! If you don't want to burn in hell with the prince of darkness
for all eternity, you'll ignore the *slight* distinction.

LOL!
--

Hilton Evans
Lon -71° 04' 35.3"
Lat +42° 11' 06.7"
Webcam Astroimaging
http://mysite.verizon.net/hiltonevan...troimaging.htm
ChemPen Chemical Structure Software
http://www.chempensoftware.com

Happy New Year canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 0 December 31st 05 11:54 PM
Happy New Year Clive UK Astronomy 3 December 31st 05 08:04 PM
HAPPY DAD'S DAY !!! Painius Misc 0 June 19th 05 07:52 PM
Happy New Year [email protected] History 1 January 1st 05 05:30 AM
Merry Xmas and Happy Always Bright Starrydays To Darla And Crew fromNightbat nightbat Misc 1 December 25th 04 02:34 AM