Comet Encke image - position?

Old November 28th 03, 12:13 PM
Maurice Gavin

Default Comet Encke image - position?

I've posted a couple of images of Comet Encke fuzzball taken last
night at

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/encke.htm

I'd like to identify the starfield. Can someone compute Encke's
position for 2003 Nov 27 @ 18.33UT? TIA

Maurice Gavin @ WPO

Old November 28th 03, 02:23 PM
Chris Marriott

"Maurice Gavin" wrote in message
I've posted a couple of images of Comet Encke fuzzball taken last
night at

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/encke.htm

I'd like to identify the starfield. Can someone compute Encke's
position for 2003 Nov 27 @ 18.33UT? TIA

Hi Gavin,

It was at about RA 18h 44m 36s, dec +11d 8.5' (epoch of date).

Regards,

Chris

Old November 28th 03, 06:14 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Maurice Gavin" wrote in message
I've posted a couple of images of Comet Encke fuzzball taken last
night at

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/encke.htm

I'd like to identify the starfield. Can someone compute Encke's
position for 2003 Nov 27 @ 18.33UT? TIA

Hi Maurice,

Can you tell anything from the spectrum or is it too fuzzy? The colour
images around tend to show it as blue/green (a sort of OIII colour) Some
images I took with an 80A filter seemed quite successful at bringing it out
against the sky background.

Robin

Old November 29th 03, 10:18 AM
Maurice Gavin

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:14:55 -0000, "Robin Leadbeater"
wrote:

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/encke.htm

Hi Maurice,

Can you tell anything from the spectrum or is it too fuzzy? The colour
images around tend to show it as blue/green (a sort of OIII colour) Some
images I took with an 80A filter seemed quite successful at bringing it out
against the sky background.

Robin

Robin - no evidence of a spectrum presumably due to relative faintness
of fuzzball. Yes - James Weightman's Canon Rebel image [posted
earlier] shows cyan green colour.
Old November 29th 03, 10:19 AM
Maurice Gavin

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:23:16 -0000, "Chris Marriott"
wrote:

"Maurice Gavin" wrote in message
I've posted a couple of images of Comet Encke fuzzball taken last
night at

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/encke.htm

I'd like to identify the starfield. Can someone compute Encke's
position for 2003 Nov 27 @ 18.33UT? TIA

Hi Gavin,

It was at about RA 18h 44m 36s, dec +11d 8.5' (epoch of date).

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris - Megastar starfield identified!
Old November 29th 03, 12:41 PM
Chris Marriott

"Maurice Gavin" wrote in message

Thanks Chris - Megastar starfield identified!

I'm curious Gavin - doesn't Megastar "do" comets? That's a genuine question,
not a criticism - I've never actually seen Megastar and don't know much
about it at all.

Regards,

Chris