Attn OM

Old October 1st 09, 12:16 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_6_]

Default Attn OM

Why is it when I try to respond to you I get this error message.

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '.'

Does this make you an officially recognized 'reject'.
What did you do now?

Jonathan

Old October 1st 09, 12:53 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_415_]

"jonathan" wrote in message

Why is it when I try to respond to you I get this error message.

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '.'

Umm, because history not a valid top level domain.

Does this make you an officially recognized 'reject'.

No, just makes you ignorant of how domain names work.

What did you do now?

Jonathan

Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old October 1st 09, 04:09 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_6_]

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in message
m...

No, just makes you ignorant of how domain names work.

Since you've decided to become OM's spokesman and defender, then
could you ask him to stop the constant accusations that I'm stalking him?
And stop all the totally unprovoked and undeserved accusations of
trolling, and various other epithets which he constantly levels at me.
From pedophile to nazi to faggot, just to name a few!

And while you're being his apologist, could you ask him to stop
his long running campaign to run me out of this ng?
Having a different opinion doesn't justify any of that.

Or is that kind of boorish, closed-minded and just plain mean spirited
behavior ok with you? Cause it seems to me that anyone that
tows the company line is excused for even the most offensive behavior.
While those with any other opinions are to be kicked
at every opportunity.

I've always been respectful to everyone here, even OM, but
sometimes one has to call an asshole an asshole.
I've heard OM utter the most vile and racist things in this ng with
no one objecting. Showing the clear approval of the ng for
such conduct. What kind of people are you?

It's no wonder the entire moon program seems like a good idea here.
No one knows the difference between right and wrong.
At least as far as I can see. Few here even seem to grasp the
concept of debating ideas or policies.

But then I've been wrong before. Let's see how the ng responds
to my criticism of it's collective integrity and intelligence.
Such that it is.

Jonathan

Old October 1st 09, 12:59 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_418_]

"jonathan" wrote in message

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in
message
m...

No, just makes you ignorant of how domain names work.

Since you've decided to become OM's spokesman and defender, then

You obviously don't know me well. I am neither.

OM knows I do not condone his behavior.

Old October 1st 09, 06:07 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damien Valentine

On Sep 30, 10:09*pm, "jonathan" wrote:
Since you've decided to become OM's spokesman and defender, then
could you ask him to stop the constant accusations that I'm stalking him?

Whoa, how does "you made a domain-related mistake" translate into "I'm
OM's knight in shining armor"?

And stop all the totally unprovoked and undeserved accusations of
trolling, and various other epithets which he constantly levels at me.
From pedophile to nazi to faggot, just to name a few!

What makes you think we *can*? I haven't seen anybody posting as
"King of All Usenets".

And while you're being his apologist, could you ask him to stop
his long running campaign to run me out of this ng?
Having a different opinion doesn't justify any of that.

In case you haven't noticed, a lot of folks have complained about OM's
approach, including Mr. Moore. But, once again, there is no King of
Usenet. If you have problems with how OM responds to your posts, then
you're really going to have to take it up with him; nobody else could
do anything about it even if they cared. And to be perfectly frank,
your behavior here hasn't been calculated to win us over. Case in
point...

It's no wonder the entire moon program seems like a good idea here.
No one knows the difference between right and wrong.
At least as far as I can see. Few here even seem to grasp the
concept of debating ideas or policies.

But then I've been wrong before. Let's see how the ng responds
to my criticism of it's collective integrity and intelligence.
Such that it is.

And you wonder why we're not racing to your aid?
Old October 1st 09, 10:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Damien Valentine wrote:
On Sep 30, 10:09 pm, "jonathan" wrote:
Since you've decided to become OM's spokesman and defender, then
could you ask him to stop the constant accusations that I'm stalking him?

Whoa, how does "you made a domain-related mistake" translate into "I'm
OM's knight in shining armor"?

You are falling into his trap...

Pat
Old October 2nd 09, 03:22 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_6_]

"Damien Valentine" wrote in message

Whoa, how does "you made a domain-related mistake" translate into "I'm
OM's knight in shining armor"?

Let's just say I've decided to try to convince OM of the error
of his ways through the use of 'triangular' or indirect means
by asking the ng to step up and take a stand. Not to punish OM
or get him off my back, but to try to get through to him on a more
substantial and helpful level. Silence is seen by many as approval.
OM and I share that opinion I think.

What makes you think we *can*? I haven't seen anybody posting as
"King of All Usenets".

Are you saying OM is a lost cause? Beyond help? I don't believe
that for a minute. I believe everyone is inherently good, and everyone
can change. A favorite saying of mine that I think applies here goes...
"Power is only pain, stranded through discipline."

OM's constant attempts and need for control I see more
as a cry for help than anything else. So let's collectively figure
out a way to help. Many people here, including myself, consider
ng chat a sort of home away from home. He isn't going anywhere
and neither am I, so the only rational course is to directly try to help
when someone here asks for it, even if they're asking indirectly
through unusual or extreme behavior.

In case you haven't noticed, a lot of folks have complained about OM's
approach, including Mr. Moore.

I plan to stop complaining from here on, and try to figure
out a way to convince instead to try to meet people
halfway a bit more often.

And to be perfectly frank,
your behavior here hasn't been calculated to win us over. Case in
point...

That was a troll, I shouldn't have said that. But sometimes you have
to kick people in the ass to get a discussion going. I like to start with a
bold statement, and try to have it evolve into a civilized conversation.
Since most of the time usenet threads do the exact opposite, which
is to start up innocent enough, but end up with nothing but
name-calling.

And you wonder why we're not racing to your aid?

I don't want anyone coming to my defense, but to point the discussion
towards the anger that seems to be seasoned throughout all OM says
and does here. With the intention of helping alleviate it, however
we can, for the good of all.

Ya know people make a mistake by posting their real names on usenet.
The only benefit to doing that is vanity. But the drawbacks are
severe, as it tends to limit what they do and say to a microcosm of
everyday life. It tends to make them reluctant to try new things, or to
embarrass themselves or be wrong.

(yes, another rant is coming)

Jonathan

Yet another try

There is only one solution to all problems under the sun.
Which is found at the dynamic union of opposite extremes
in possibility. Whether it's found in evolution with the union
of the opposites of genetics and mutation, via natural selection.

Or in society with the union of the rule of law and freedom, via
democracy. Or even a new goal for NASA with the union
of opposites called tangible benefits and our dreams
of a better future, via debates.

It's all the same thing in essence. In the ultimate abstraction, the
solution to all real world problems is simply Love. Where
complete opposites become one. So that no one can tell
which-is-which. For instance, is light a wave or a particle?

Or does light persistently reside at the phase transition between
it's opposites in possibility space, matter and energy, so that
no on can tell which-is-which at any given time. The duality
of light, Darwinian evolution, society and even intelligence
as the union of instincts and imagination, via thoughts
are all the same thing in the abstract.

System specific versions of ...Love.
The dynamic union of opposites in possibility.

Even a universe is the birth of Love, created from the union of
cosmic expansion and gravity, via time. Critical behavior emerges
where subcritical and supercritical behavior are entangled.
Darwinian evolution ultimately derives from the union
of classical and quantum like behavior, via thermodynamics.
Now you know why water is so essential for life.
It has nothing to do with biology. It has to do with criticality
generating self organization. Fluid motion emerges from the
union of subcritical (static) and supercritical (chaotic) behavior.

The bulk of humanity has yet to fully grasp the scientific and
philosophical simplicity of our existence. It's time to take
this new knowledge, this new universal problem solving
technique out for a spin. And insist, that since we now have the
best problem solving method possible, the methods of Nature, that
we should no longer settle for anything less that what is possible
.....anymore. We should insist upon, and expect so much more
from ourselves, each other and our government.

NASA needs a new goal ...here and now.
The ...future needs saving.

Where do those two opposite extremes intersect?
The future needs a new clean energy source, else
climate change, or wars, will kill us all off. And NASA
badly needs a new goal. Where do those two opposites
intersect? The Sun and Space define the ultimate possibility
spaces for future energy and NASA.

The concept of Space Solar Power, in some form, is the logical
solution and most efficient path possible to saving NASA, while
simultaneously creating a new energy source for the future
( Saving the World ). No other policy, no other agency combines
the needed qualities of wanting badly a new goal, while having
the potential to exploit the ultimate in possibilities, the Sun and Space.

/Or in another way, NASA's policy direction right now defines the place/
/where the fewest people possible, can effect the greatest change possible./

I came to that conclusion before I came here, or even knew NASA
was trying to go back to the Moon. I'm not here to change NASA, or
for Space Solar Power, but because I deduced that this is the place
that defines where the fewest people possible can create the greatest
change possible.

NASA is the largest 'neediest' agency, which can also exploit the ultimate
of opposites in possibilities for a new energy source.
The Sun and Space.

The math is clear on this, I will not stop trying to convince any and all
of this truth until the day it becomes reality.

Love (the union of Sun and Space, via SSP) is the answer!

Big hint to OM! Learn the mathematics of love.

It's all here

All the nitty gritty math
http://necsi.org/publications/dcs/

Or in essay form, without equations.
http://www.calresco.org/themes.htm

Jonathan

"Love is anterior to life,
Posterior to death,
Initial of creation, and
The exponent of breath."

Old October 2nd 09, 03:30 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_6_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
Damien Valentine wrote:
On Sep 30, 10:09 pm, "jonathan" wrote:
Since you've decided to become OM's spokesman and defender, then
could you ask him to stop the constant accusations that I'm stalking him?

Whoa, how does "you made a domain-related mistake" translate into "I'm
OM's knight in shining armor"?

You are falling into his trap...

Trap? Or invitation to debate. Ya know, if I have to 'trap'
people into discussing more than...oh.... the torque specs
of some old Saturn V part or whatever, well then fine.
It's worth it. This ng has so much more potential for change
than just small talk and petty personal attacks.
I intend to vigorously pursue the former, and denounce
the latter.

Pat

Old October 2nd 09, 04:41 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damien Valentine

On Oct 1, 4:27*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:

You are falling into his trap...

Thank you, Admiral Ackbar. But yeah, I think I'll fire off one
more post and then leave it to OM. It's his baby, after all.
Old October 2nd 09, 05:11 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damien Valentine

On Oct 1, 9:22*pm, "jonathan" wrote:
...Silence is seen by many as approval.
OM and I share that opinion I think.

I can't speak for OM's opinion, but for most of the world silence is
just seen as apathy. Nobody here has the time, authority or interest
to bother with your private little flame wars.

Are you saying OM is a lost cause? Beyond help?

No, what I'm saying -- quite clearly, really, I'm not sure how you
missed it -- is that nobody can make OM do something he doesn't want
to do. This is Usenet; Robert's Rules of Order don't apply.

That was a troll, I shouldn't have said that.

Apology accepted; don't do it again. The kind of "bold statements"
you're making -- like implying that we're all amoral, unthinking
troglodytes -- really turn people off, and they stick in our minds for
a *long time*. You may never get this newsgroup to take you seriously
at this point. But it's worth a shot.

Ya know people make a mistake by posting their real names on usenet.
The only benefit to doing that is vanity. But the drawbacks are
severe, as it tends to limit what they do and say to a microcosm of
everyday life. It tends to make them reluctant to try new things, or to
embarrass themselves or be wrong.

You mean, it tends to make them act like civilized human beings? I
consider that a plus.

(yes, another rant is coming)

OK, here's another problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to space
science and space history: it's right in the domain name, you can't
miss it. If you want to talk about philosophy, find a philosophy-
related newsgroup. You don't barge into a Superbowl party and give
unsolicited lectures about floral arrangements, right?

[OT] ATTN: Pat &/or Derek Herb Schaltegger History 4 July 27th 06 01:28 PM
ATTN: JC Robert Geake UK Astronomy 6 June 2nd 04 06:17 PM
~ATTN: rk Nomen Nescio Space Shuttle 0 February 27th 04 02:50 PM
!ATTN: rk Nomen Nescio Space Shuttle 0 February 27th 04 07:40 AM
ATTN: rk Nomen Nescio Space Shuttle 0 February 27th 04 05:50 AM