Live Nude Astronomy - Paying Tribute to Arthur C. Clarke

Old March 23rd 08, 06:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Paine

Default Live Nude Astronomy - Paying Tribute to Arthur C. Clarke

WELCOME TO...

L I V E N U D E A S T R O N O M Y

March 23, 2008

"I think the passing of Arthur C. Clarke is really
epical," said Alan Stern, associate administrator
of NASA's Science Mission Directorate.

"Arthur was not only a major figure in the first
baby steps in humans' exploration of space, but
a major figure in the building up of our planet
as an interconnected organism," said writer (and
astronomer) Ann Druyan, widow of science
popularizer Carl Sagan. "He was someone really
significant."

"Arthur C. Clarke was one of the giants of science
fiction; impossible to ignore, looming over all of
us who have come since," said Charles Stross,
author of the novels "Saturn's Children" and
"Halting State." "He introduced many of us to
science fiction for the first time ... He managed,
somehow, to combine visions grounded in an
understanding of science and engineering with a
numinous sense of awe at the scale and beauty of
the cosmos in a manner that is all too rare."

Although Clarke is no longer with us, his work
will live on, said Orson Scott Card, author of many
science fiction novels, including "Ender's Game."

"When I met my wife, just shy of fifty years ago,
I gave her one book to read, to see whether we
could get along - Arthur Clarke's collection of
stories, 'Expedition to Earth,'" said Joe Haldeman,
author of "The Accidental Time Machine." "She
did like it, and we're still going together."

Clarke inspired many young people to pursue
science, and shaped the way many scientists
approach their work.

"He affected how I thought about what I was
doing," said Ed Stone, director of the Space
Radiation Laboratory at Caltech and project
scientist for nine satellite missions, including
Voyager. "What he did was take what was
happening in science and extrapolate it in a
realistic way into way in the future. Since that's
what science and engineering and technology
are trying to do, to create a new future, it was
very interesting to get his ideas of what that
future might look like."

He helped to make science important and
understandable to the public.

"One of his main legacies is his really firm belief
that science and technology is a defining feature
of human evolution," Stone said. "And I of course
believe that myself. So he was a very effective
writer in capturing the idea of how important
science and technology are to human evolution."

http://www.space.com/news/080319-art...e-tribute.html

Arthur C. Clarke...

For us, there will be no more new memories of
you. You will be missed.

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

Old March 23rd 08, 01:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Mar 22, 10:30*pm, "Paine" wrote:

"I think the passing of Arthur C. Clarke is really
epical," said Alan Stern, associate administrator
of NASA's Science Mission Directorate.

Apparently the cosmos agrees. :-) His passing was synchronous with
last Wednesday's super hyper-mega gamma ray burster of unprecedented
luminosity. See -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200803...letonakede ye
Old March 23rd 08, 11:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

And does that mean that WartPiggies DEATH FROM ABOVE in March NOT
happening is, exactly, what then? lmao!

Oh yeah, another BAD STUPID LAME FALSE PROPHETIC VISION OF THE
uneducated WartPiggies! lmao!

Saul Levy

Old March 24th 08, 08:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Paine

"oldcoot" wrote in message...
On Mar 22, 10:30 pm, "Paine" wrote:

"I think the passing of Arthur C. Clarke is really
epical," said Alan Stern, associate administrator
of NASA's Science Mission Directorate.

Apparently the cosmos agrees. :-) His passing was synchronous with
last Wednesday's super hyper-mega gamma ray burster of unprecedented
luminosity. See -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200803...letonakede ye

Yeah... if i believed in coincidences i'd say,
"Wow, that's some coincidence, isn't it!"

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine

P.S. Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S. (shh) Some secret sites...
http://painellsworth.net
http://savethechildren.org
http://eBook-eDen.secretsgolden.com

Old March 25th 08, 04:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Default Paying Further Tribute to Arthur C. Clarke (Was: .... )

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/25/sc...syahoo&emc=rss