Canada arm question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 28th 12, 05:46 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
[email protected]

Default Canada arm question

I guess that's what it's called. The manipulator arm that was on the shuttle,
and the one that's now on the ISS. I was wondering how it grabbed onto whatever
it was supposed to? Did anything that it was supposed to manipulate have some
sort of a standardized attachment for it to grip? often see it with a
cylindrical end. It didn'tuse suction did it? Can you even use suction in what's
already a vacuum?

Also, given all the articulating joints on the arm, I have to believe there's a
lot of lubrication? If so, how does it not freeze up or melt down in the space
environment? Thanks.

Old Dominion Obs, Canada W. eWatson[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 4 December 9th 11 04:15 AM
Why Canada Sucks Greg Carr Amateur Astronomy 0 September 22nd 07 03:13 PM
Why Canada Sucks joad Amateur Astronomy 0 September 21st 07 01:55 PM
Why Canada Sucks Greg Carr Amateur Astronomy 0 September 21st 07 09:54 AM
O, Canada...... Matthew Ota Amateur Astronomy 4 July 3rd 06 06:14 PM