Another reason to buy into Global Warming hype: to prevent alienattack?

Old August 20th 11, 09:22 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Another reason to buy into Global Warming hype: to prevent alienattack?

I guess if you can't really convince people that Global Warming is a
threat, might as well scare them into thinking aliens will kill us if we
don't fix it. It's kind of like a sci-fi version of "wait till your
father gets home", implying a spanking is coming.

This is actually a new take on an old sci-fi scenario from the Twilight
Zone. In the old Twilight Zone episode, aliens come to Earth and
threaten to destroy us if we don't stop our warring ways. In this case,
aliens come to Earth instead to stop our un-ecological ways.

Yousuf Khan

Aliens vs. humans: Eco-friendly extraterrestrials could wipe out planet
Earth to protect other civilisations | Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...=feeds-newsxml

Old August 20th 11, 11:22 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 20 Aug 2011 04:22:46 -0400) it happened Yousuf Khan
wrote in :

I guess if you can't really convince people that Global Warming is a
threat, might as well scare them into thinking aliens will kill us if we
don't fix it. It's kind of like a sci-fi version of "wait till your
father gets home", implying a spanking is coming.

This is actually a new take on an old sci-fi scenario from the Twilight
Zone. In the old Twilight Zone episode, aliens come to Earth and
threaten to destroy us if we don't stop our warring ways. In this case,
aliens come to Earth instead to stop our un-ecological ways.

Yousuf Khan

Aliens vs. humans: Eco-friendly extraterrestrials could wipe out planet
Earth to protect other civilisations | Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...Earth-protect-
civilisations.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The biggest threat is from US financial policies now.
When more Obamism happens we all will live in grass-huts.
Thats is how he grew up after all, equal rights for all.

Old August 20th 11, 12:57 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Marvin the Martian

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 04:22:46 -0400, Yousuf Khan wrote:

I guess if you can't really convince people that Global Warming is a
threat, might as well scare them into thinking aliens will kill us if we
don't fix it. It's kind of like a sci-fi version of "wait till your
father gets home", implying a spanking is coming.

This is actually a new take on an old sci-fi scenario from the Twilight
Zone. In the old Twilight Zone episode, aliens come to Earth and
threaten to destroy us if we don't stop our warring ways. In this case,
aliens come to Earth instead to stop our un-ecological ways.

Yousuf Khan

Aliens vs. humans: Eco-friendly extraterrestrials could wipe out planet
Earth to protect other civilisations | Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ens-vs-humans-

Eco-friendly-extraterrestrials-wipe-planet-Earth-protect-
civilisations.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Here's a quote from the paper:

"Another recommendation is that humanity should avoid giving off the
appearance of being a rapidly expansive civilization. If an ETI perceives
humanity as such, then it may be inclined to attempt a preemptive strike
against us so as to prevent us from growing into a threat to the ETI or
others in the galaxy. Similarly, ecosystem-valuing universalist ETI may
observe humanity’s ecological destructive tendencies and wipe humanity
out in order to preserve the Earth system as a whole. These scenarios
give us reason to limit our growth and reduce our impact on global
ecosystems. It would be particularly important for us to limit our
emissions of greenhouse gases, since atmospheric composition can be
observed from other planets. We acknowledge that the pursuit of emissions
reductions and other ecological projects may have much stronger
justifications than those that derive from ETI encounter, but that does
not render ETI encounter scenarios insignificant or irrelevant."

I'm not making this up!!
http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.4462

These guys are nuts! This isn't physics, and it isn't even science. It's
fantasy from that really, really bad remake of "The Day the Earth Stood
Still" that was incoherent gibbering.

It shows the kinds of idiots get hired by NASA and Penn State. It shows
the kinds of idiots that are "scientist" that fear monger for CAGW
Old August 20th 11, 04:43 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 08/20/2011 07:57 AM, Marvin the Martian wrote:
I'm not making this up!!
http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.4462

These guys are nuts! This isn't physics, and it isn't even science. It's
fantasy from that really, really bad remake of "The Day the Earth Stood
Still" that was incoherent gibbering.

It shows the kinds of idiots get hired by NASA and Penn State. It shows
the kinds of idiots that are "scientist" that fear monger for CAGW

Well, I don't know if you can blame NASA or the university for this,
these guys did say later that they just submitted the paper as a fun
free-time exercise on their own. They don't want their employers
associated with the paper, they say.

However, one worrisome trend amongst ecological types that I've noticed
lately is there is a self-hatred of the human race. We saw it carried
out to extremes with that guy who tried to shoot people at the Discovery
Channel, James Lee, who was demanding that Discovery Channel show more
documentaries about population control of the human race.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38957020.../#.Tk_SvRiYGkU

There is even a British TV show, called Primeval, which had as its main
villain an insane female scientists who discovered time portals and was
intent on going back in time to wipe out the human species before it
even evolved.

For decades now, we've been watching documentaries doing nothing but
outright speculating, but because they are documentaries they have the
air of scientific factualism. They would for example speculate that the
Wooly Mammoth was wiped out by humans, because that's when humans first
came to America. Every single extinction is now blamed on man. You'd
think they'd blame the dinosaur extinction on man too, if they had the
chance. We're not responsible for species extinction, natural selection is.

If a species can't adapt, then it goes extinct. In reality, sometimes
the adaptation is the act of going extinct itself. But die-hard
ecologists don't understand that, and they'll try to keep a species
alive that has no business being alive. I saw a segment once about how
some UK ecologists were trying to keep a certain species of white ducks
alive. The ducks weren't going extinct because they weren't breeding,
rather they were breeding with another species of brown ducks, and
turning into brown ducks! That's not extinction, that's adaptation, and
these eco-nuts are interfering with natural selection.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 20th 11, 07:15 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
kensi

On 20/08/2011 11:29 AM, Surfer wrote:
On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:22:32 GMT, Jan Panteltje
wrote:

The biggest threat is from US financial policies now.
When more Obamism happens we all will live in grass-huts.
Thats is how he grew up after all, equal rights for all.

The economic crisis is happening because consumer buying power has not
kept pace with the ability of industry to produce goods that consumers
want.

This has occurred because the mechanism by which investors make
profits transfers a portion of the wealth generated by workers into
the hands of investors.

The total quantity of all wages received by workers is then not
sufficient to match the total value of all the goods they produce.

So to sell all the goods that are produced, consumers need to be
allowed to buy things on credit.

That provided a solution in the past.

There is another component in the "solution": the workers were mainly in
Taiwan and China and the consumers in America, Canada, Europe,
Australia, Great Britain, etc. so the consumers were buying the goods
with different money than the workers were being paid with. But that of
course means a net flow of money out of the affluent countries into the
ones with cheap labor. In that view, the investors capturing some of the
revenue actually keep that amount from fleeing overseas.

But as the process is ongoing, a
time must come when debts reach unsustainable levels.

This, however, remains true, since the domestic money supply shrinks and
must be replaced by borrowing at the national level, and associated
inflation seems to cause (domestic) prices not to stay in step with
(domestic) wages but instead to outpace them.
Old August 20th 11, 11:08 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Marvin the Martian

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:43:19 -0400, Yousuf Khan wrote:

On 08/20/2011 07:57 AM, Marvin the Martian wrote:
I'm not making this up!!
http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.4462

These guys are nuts! This isn't physics, and it isn't even science.
It's fantasy from that really, really bad remake of "The Day the Earth
Stood Still" that was incoherent gibbering.

It shows the kinds of idiots get hired by NASA and Penn State. It shows
the kinds of idiots that are "scientist" that fear monger for CAGW

Well, I don't know if you can blame NASA or the university for this,
these guys did say later that they just submitted the paper as a fun
free-time exercise on their own. They don't want their employers
associated with the paper, they say.

They say they did't want their employers associated with it, but they
used their employer's names to submit the paper. That's a clear lie.

And when these guys are caught spewing non-science and garbage that will
scare the hell out of people, then it was "just fun" and "can't you take
a joke?"

I'm tired of these CAWG frauds. They're a syphallic pustule on the good
name of science that is contracted by whoring for funding.

However, one worrisome trend amongst ecological types that I've noticed
lately is there is a self-hatred of the human race. We saw it carried
out to extremes with that guy who tried to shoot people at the Discovery
Channel, James Lee, who was demanding that Discovery Channel show more
documentaries about population control of the human race.

Serious, they plan on murdering 5.5 billion people. They find that only 1
person in 12 is fit to live, by their judgment, and they only want
stooges who are too stupid to object to their rule and will make good
little servants.

They're so confident about it, they cast it in STONE for you to see, and
they STILL know that we're too dumb as a people to hang them from the
lamp posts!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia...s#Inscriptions

I mean, damn! That's just bold.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38957020..._and_courts/t/

police-kill-discovery-building-gunman/#.Tk_SvRiYGkU

There is even a British TV show, called Primeval, which had as its main
villain an insane female scientists who discovered time portals and was
intent on going back in time to wipe out the human species before it
even evolved.

For decades now, we've been watching documentaries doing nothing but
outright speculating, but because they are documentaries they have the
air of scientific factualism. They would for example speculate that the
Wooly Mammoth was wiped out by humans, because that's when humans first
came to America. Every single extinction is now blamed on man. You'd
think they'd blame the dinosaur extinction on man too, if they had the
chance. We're not responsible for species extinction, natural selection
is.

Exactly right! How many press releases out there about science are
meaningless because of the word "may"?

"Aliens *may* destroy earth over environment"

"Listening to sun *may* improve space weather forecasts"

"The universe *may* be inside a black hole"

People are being conditioned to mistake stupid speculation for science.