Well, that was interesting..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 9th 07, 06:10 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
DougD

Default Well, that was interesting..

Was just out watching the space station go over, and over in the ssw was
Jupiter. Not much new there, but as I was looking around with the cheapo
binocs, about 10 deg. below Jupiter was something akin to what some folks
would describe as a "disco ball".. It was multi-colored, mostly red's, whites,
and a bit of green. At first I thought it was just navigation lights, but
after watching it for about 10 minutes and it didn't move like an airplane or
satellite, I was a bit dumbfounded. Just took a look in Starry Night, and it
would appear to be "Antares". Does this description sound familiar to anyone,
or was I looking at something much different? It was very visible just to the
eye, and fairly spectacular through goggles, can't say I've ever seen a star
so multi-colored or shimmering as that! This was at about 9:50pm off the
coast of Van. Island.

d.

Now this is interesting Joe S. Amateur Astronomy 8 March 11th 06 04:00 PM
Interesting Bachdang Valle CCD Imaging 0 August 23rd 04 02:01 PM
Interesting Tim K. Space Shuttle 1 August 21st 04 09:56 PM
Anything interesting... Pete Lawrence UK Astronomy 10 July 20th 04 07:22 PM
This is interesting... Christopher M. Jones Policy 9 February 6th 04 09:59 AM