President's Commission on Moon, Mars and Beyond

Old February 20th 04, 05:37 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Hallerb" wrote in message

You think not? Explain to Congress that your probe crashed because of a
problem with Metric conversion.

thats why I said you dont want to waste money.

Which doesn't really answer the question, does it? But then, you have a
history of weaseling.

Old February 20th 04, 07:08 PM
Hallerb

You think not? Explain to Congress that your probe crashed because of a
problem with Metric conversion.

The key is to avoid such occutrences and learn from your mistakes. no doubt
there would be a wholesale firing if it happened again?

no maybe not nasa managers made similiar mistakes with columbia that the
challenger managers did and got bumped to safety oversight jobs
Old February 20th 04, 09:34 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Hallerb" wrote in message
The key is to avoid such occutrences and learn from your mistakes.

Why don't you try it yourself sometime?

How's your research coming? You've have over a year to show that
pre-Columbia research on NASA management.

Also, have you yet figured out whether or not yiu did any research on
alternative shuttle failure modes?

Old February 20th 04, 10:10 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Hallerb
writes

You think not? Explain to Congress that your probe crashed because of a
problem with Metric conversion.

The key is to avoid such occutrences and learn from your mistakes.

You mean like learning to spell? Or type?
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old February 21st 04, 12:24 AM
Andrew Gray

In article , Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

The key is to avoid such occutrences and learn from your mistakes.

You mean like learning to spell? Or type?

Which, judging from that line, he had; one tyop, that being an
additional inserted letter on an adjacent key... okay, maybe a comma
after "occurences", but that's a matter of taste.

Your point may have fallen slightly flat there...

--
-Andrew Gray

Old February 21st 04, 12:32 PM
Hallerb

Why don't you try it yourself sometime?

How's your research coming?

I have been thinking, about complaining to bell south who you likely use as
your ISP and yahoo. do you really want the reputation your getting here as a
obssesive compulsive?
Old February 21st 04, 02:48 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Hallerb" wrote in message

Why don't you try it yourself sometime?

How's your research coming?

I have been thinking

Finally! Start simple, with Teletubbies, until you get a little practice,
then you can move on to Sesame Street. Make certain you have your support
network nearby in case you get overwhelmed by Big Bird. In 20 or 30 years,
we might even have you up to Jerry Springer.

Eventually, then, you might even be able to keep your word and provide the
fruit of your pre-Columbia research efforts.

Old February 21st 04, 07:53 PM
OM

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:48:37 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

Finally! Start simple, with Teletubbies, until you get a little practice,
then you can move on to Sesame Street. Make certain you have your support
network nearby in case you get overwhelmed by Big Bird. In 20 or 30 years,
we might even have you up to Jerry Springer.

....Jesus, Scott. We can't even get him to pick up a copy of _Fun With
Dick & Jane_. Do you *really* think he'll comprehend "Sesame 'Hood"?

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old March 8th 04, 09:29 AM
Brad Guth / GASA

LSE-CM/ISS offers 100 GW laser cannons of UV/b and UV/c, deployed out
to just 50,000 km from Earth.

Besides obtaining all the lunar He3 or 3He, we could be taking about
some sort of serious WMD, that'll be sure to place ants in the pants
of our NSA/DoD cloak and dagger folks. Could even incorporate that
sort of Helium/e3/Deuterium fusion bomb technology into those stealth
donkey-carts, as then it curtains for those *******s, as they'll never
see us coming.

As for using the moon as a pitstop along the way to Mars or Venus, or
otherwise just for accommodating Earth sciences and of somewhat
extreme astronomy will become worth the investment. Although, there's
only room for one of those LSE-CM/ISS, as there's but one mutual
gravity-well and, it's strictly one of those first come first served.

If you're interested, I've got a few too many pages on the LSE-CM/ISS:
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-cm-ccm-01.htm

Although, I also have a few recent comments on the H2O2/C12H26 thing:
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-irrce.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-h2o2-irrce.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-hybrid-irc.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-lm-1.htm

The page on the LM-1 is pertaining to the lunar metro bus that's track
driven and capable of circumventing that moon, along with fending off
those pesky micro-meteorites and of whatever radiation. This bus is
H2O2/C12H26 fueled, operating the IRRC engine that's a happy camper in
space as it is under water. If we're going to have the LSE-Lobby, by
all means we'll need a transporter that'll survive, and for doing such
in good style.

The LSE-CM/ISS, as a means to an end, is all about going lots of
places, such as off to visit those frozen and irradiated to death Mars
microbes, or off to visit those nice Venus Cathar lizard folk, at
least from the safety of our outpost at VL2, where we'll deploy the
TRACE-II as our first interplanetary communications platform, or sort
of laser cannon transponder.

Of course if there's any actual problem with that of our getting back
onto the moon, some of these recent file updates might help,
especially the "moon-04" page:
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-gwb-moon.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-interplanetary.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-illumination.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-moon-02.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/moon-04.htm

Regards, Brad Guth / IEIS~GASA
Old March 8th 04, 09:49 AM
Brad Guth / GASA

We should be looking at Earth and/or obtaining Earth sciences, and
that's why I've elected to go with really cheap photons instead of
physical probes. Though since my interplanetary communications isn't
worth but .1% of doing those Mars probes, there's not much sense in
suggesting otherwise. That's where the javelin probes might come in at
perhaps 1% of doing Mars, which still isn't nearly spendy enough for
the likes of our NASA.

http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-javelin-probes.htm

"Deploying dozens of small javelin lunar probes on the cheap"

If you've got independent "moon proof" of any sort, please offer a
link, as NASA would certainly be impressed, especially the part about
their having to dodge all those pesky micro-meteorites, some of which
clocking in at 30+km/s just to start with (perhaps most averaging 15
km/s), then there's always the added boost of 1.6 m/s/s that'll
generally knock your socks off, even if it's a mere 2 mg dust bunny.

I might actually say screw the moon, as we seriously need to get
ourselves onto better and even more doable things, especially of those
sorts of "can do" and of better than clumping moon dirt cheap at that,
as sort of ABL interplanetary communications. Although of having the
moon at our disposal would certainly have been a nice sort of thing to
have, though just as your post has offered absolutely nothing of worth
for even deploying those relatively small javelin probes, thus from
your perspective we still have all of squat worth of anything
associated with our moon. So, forget entirely about our pathetic moon,
as it's been a lost cause and a thoroughly dead horse for way more
than 3 decades and counting.

Calling Venus (if we're not being allowed to officially look at Venus,
then it can't possibly hurt focusing a few laser cannons at it);
If you're perchance the sort of individual that's more interested in
the truly viable prospects of our achieving interplanetary
communications, as for that relatively simple and extremely efficient
quest, I've added lots of notions, if not a little too much
information, into this following page;
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-interplanetary.htm

These following pages have become more or less focused upon mortal
creationism than not; of what the heck may have happened when the
likes of Sirius illuminated our nighttime and subsequently affected
our global CO2 count, speaking roughly every 110,000 years.
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-speed.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/sirius-co2.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-sirius-trek.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/moon-venus-sirius.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-moon-venus-sirius.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-cost-consequences.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/sirius-terraforms-earth.htm
110,000 years; http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-nasa-ice-ages.htm
DIATOMS must exist; http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-sirius-diatoms.htm

Regards, Brad Guth / IEIS~GASA

Martin wrote in message ...
Guth/IEIS~GASA wrote:
This lunar goal is worth supporting, even if it's via our resident
warlord. Though as for starters, we may need some actual lunar science
data that's of "real time".

"Deploying dozens of small javelin lunar probes on the cheap"

[...]

I believe such small/compact probes can be engineered to survive these
sorts of deployment impacts, as well as sufficiently immune to such
horrific radiation, and of their avoiding meteorite impact, as their
odds are greatly improved upon by the sheer fact that these compact
probes represent such a small target, though eventually they'll each
be pulverised by something.

[Moon science delivery]
Interesting idea Guth...

But for what science beyond what we already have?

Is this of greater importance than ISS or exploring the rest of the
solar system?

Should we not be exploring the 70% unexplored of our own planet first?

Regards,
Martin

sci.astro.seti