Alien Review - Armed Exploration (Pere)

Old January 14th 04, 08:58 AM
Darla

Default Alien Review - Armed Exploration (Pere)

We are leaving shortly to extend our knowledge of systems in the Perseus
Arm.

Darla's studies of you as individuals will resume upon our return.

Hope you have enjoyed the many hints given you, and that you will find ways
to put them to use.

Darla will be able to continue communicating with you for a short while
until we are out of range.

I am unable to give you an exact return date; we will be away for many
weeks.

There is an interesting little war going on in a system that is "near" one
of the stars in Orion's hand, you call it Xi Orionis.

This will be our first destination, to a part of the milky way far beyond Xi
Orionis.

We shall be glad to discuss this and other explorations when we get back.

I think you should know that the contacts I have made with some of you have
improved my estimation of humans.

You now lie somewhere between Peruvian slime mold and Entamoeba histolytica.

I'll be back. G

Take care.

Pros Pere

Old January 14th 04, 02:18 PM
Darla

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:58:00 GMT, "Darla" wrote:

And all your people could afford was an AOL-account???

Yes, that is all we could afford, Charles D. Bohne.

Would you like to contribute?

Better hurry as the time and space between us is fast-increasing.

We are leaving shortly to extend our knowledge of systems in the Perseus
Arm.

Didn't know he had one...

Your Galaxy does.

Your star system is in what you call the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy.

This is a thin wispy arm that acts as a bridge for us between two huge arms.

The one closer to the center you call the Sagittarius Arm, and the spiral
that is farther from the center you call the Perseus Arm.

The Perseus Arm is still largely unexplored, but we have found some life
there.

Darla's studies of you as individuals will resume upon our return.

Talking of yourself in 3rd person?

You must be new to this.

That was my mate, Pere, informing people that we are on our way to Xi
Orionis, then to Perseus.

Hope you have enjoyed the many hints given you, and that you will find

ways
to put them to use.

This is the first I ever see - may be that's because you're it the wrong
newsgroup, .. try alt.alien.reseach next time.

Alt.alien.research?

Sounds like it is more for human aliens.

Darla will be able to continue communicating with you for a short while
until we are out of range.

And your "range" is ..?

About 200 of your parsecs.

We shall be stuck out around Xi Orionis for a time, but when we get past
this star, our time buffers will be confined to star-system monitors only to
ensure maximum efficiency.

I am unable to give you an exact return date; we will be away for many
weeks.

Well, take care .. and don't kill any sensitive beings (like animals and
plants) except reptoids, dracos and greys ...

We promise not to kill anyone, Charles D. Bohne.

"Scout's honor."

There is an interesting little war going on in a system that is "near"

one
of the stars in Orion's hand, you call it Xi Orionis.

One of ours?

Yes, this star is in your Orion Bridge fairly close to your star.

This will be our first destination, to a part of the milky way far beyond

Xi
Orionis.

So? You didn't get really far ..

Not yet, we are presently a little less than halfway to Xi Orionis.

We shall be glad to discuss this and other explorations when we get back.

I'm looking forward to that discussion ... in a.a.r or a.a.v

In terms of residency, we are less alien to Earth than are you, Charles D.
Bohne.
We have been here longer.

I'll be back. G

Hope so!

Thank you so very much!

In case I do not get another chance for awhile, you all have my warm
faretheewell and our most earnest wishes that this be your Best year Ever!

Darla

Old January 14th 04, 08:19 PM
Darla

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:18:27 GMT, "Darla" wrote:

Your star system is in what you call the Orion Arm of the Milky Way

Galaxy.

This is a thin wispy arm that acts as a bridge for us between two huge

arms.

A bridge from where to where?

The Orion Bridge is snuggled between the arms of Sagittarius and Perseus.

It is a bridge from an inner galactic spiral to an outer galactic spiral.

And back.

The Perseus Arm is still largely unexplored, but we have found some life
there.

You mean civilizations? I hardly know a region without life ..

Yes, there are civilizations.

Alt.alien.research?

Sounds like it is more for human aliens.

Would I be there?

We have never met, Charles D. Bohne, so how would I know if you would be in
a.a.r?

Darla will be able to continue communicating with you for a short

while
until we are out of range.

And your "range" is ..?

About 200 of your parsecs.

Well that's 2600 ly.... so that's four times the distance to your
destination...

Your conversion machine gives you 2,600 light-years for 200 parsecs?

Consider the following:

Xi Orionis found it....
HIP 29426
TCY 742--2427-1
640 ly, rather hot (15620 K°) and bright (946 suns luminosity)
about 4.2 solar radii... too blue for my taste ...

640 light-years.

If one light-year is equal to 0.306788 parsec, then this times 640 = 196
parsecs.

So we shall be out of range when we get about thirteen light-years past Xi
Orionis.

Earth astronomy calls this a "double-multiple binary," and it's Very
beautiful.

This will be our first destination, to a part of the milky way far

beyond
Xi Orionis.

Why not post your travel route?

Sorry, Charles D. Bohne, there is no time.

Perhaps before our next exploratory mission, if someone shows an interest we
shall post an itinerary.

So? You didn't get really far ..

Not yet, we are presently a little less than halfway to Xi Orionis.

How long did that take you?

Not long, just a few seconds our time, perhaps ten hours your time.

Thank for your interest, Charles.

Darla

Old January 14th 04, 08:24 PM
Darla

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:58:00 GMT, "Darla" wrote:

I am unable to give you an exact return date; we will be away for many
weeks.

Your OMS-autoresponder knew more than you |_:-)

"Hello. I am away until March 1, 2004 and am unable to read your
message."

Have a nice trip :-))) .. and watch for the speed limits in Andromeda!

C.

The autoresponder is set to be altered if necessary.

Your wit is noted, Charles, thank you for cheering us up!

Darla

Old January 15th 04, 01:32 AM
Mark N.

Good lord... take your meds, man!

But in all fairness, she thinks she's an alien and talks about astronomy.
There are those here who don't know the difference between astronomy and
astrology...

Darla ain't the worst thing in this ng ;-)

Old January 15th 04, 02:46 PM
Greg Neill

"Mark N." wrote in message
. ..
Good lord... take your meds, man!

But in all fairness, she thinks she's an alien and talks about astronomy.
There are those here who don't know the difference between astronomy and
astrology...

Darla ain't the worst thing in this ng ;-)

Just what we need, another N*ncy. Sheesh.

Old January 15th 04, 11:45 PM
Mark N.

Just what we need, another N*ncy. Sheesh.

??????????????????????????

Old January 16th 04, 02:05 PM
Greg Neill

"Mark N." wrote in message
news
Just what we need, another N*ncy. Sheesh.

??????????????????????????

http://www.google.ca/groups?safe=ima...group=sci.astr
o&as_uauthors=Nancy&lr=&hl=en

Old January 16th 04, 02:10 PM
Mark N.

http://www.google.ca/groups?safe=ima...group=sci.astr
o&as_uauthors=Nancy&lr=&hl=en

Ha! Well, have no fear kind sir, you're mistaken ;-)

Old January 16th 04, 04:58 PM
Bill Sheppard

Mark N. writes, re. Darla,

But in all fairness, she thinks she's an
alien and talks about astronomy.

Yeah, but then she turns around and says she don't know anything about
astronomy, and hands all the 'Level 6' stuff over to her alter ego
What's-his-name or that little rugrat Squish (or 'Tish'?) and they are
equally clueless. oc