Whats on your Astronomy Xmas Wish List?

Old November 12th 03, 12:00 PM
Simon Gartfield

Default Whats on your Astronomy Xmas Wish List?

Since the time of good will is just around the corner, I wonder what
are the favourite astronomy items/accessories being sought this year?

I have eventually persuaded my wife that a new telescope would be
appreciated, she has agreed to that as long as I pay for it.....well
thats a start anyhow!!

What are the knick-knacks coming your way?

PS what would you consider the better buy for someone like myself
living in a semi rural locale with lowish-medium light pollution, a
Light pollution filter or nebula filter, assumming my main interest is
deep sky and comets?

Which filter would you recommend.

Simon G
Old November 12th 03, 10:28 PM
Roger Smith

In message , Simon
Gartfield wrote
Since the time of good will is just around the corner, I wonder what
are the favourite astronomy items/accessories being sought this year?

I have eventually persuaded my wife that a new telescope would be
appreciated, she has agreed to that as long as I pay for it.....well
thats a start anyhow!!

What are the knick-knacks coming your way?

I am looking to get myself a 90 degree diagonal (to make looking at
stuff nearer the zenith easier) for my 127mm Mak, I am currently using a
45 degree prism diagonal and would appreciate recommendations.

Other items being considered, a set of filters including some more
Baader solar film, and either a bag to carry my tripod with the goto
mount attached or a case to carry the scope and goto together and
possibly some rings so I could mount the Nexstar 114 that the got came
from onto the AZ-3 that used to have the Mak on it then with a bit of
work I can mount all that onto the spindly legs of the tripod that came
with the Nexstar and have two working scopes.
--
Roger
52:54:41N
Old November 13th 03, 02:23 AM
Dave

Simon Gartfield wrote on Wed, 12 Nov 2003:
Since the time of good will is just around the corner, I wonder what
are the favourite astronomy items/accessories being sought this year?

Sunday mornings off work, so that I can stay up later on Saturday night.

A 12½" by 8½" secondary.

5" reflecting binoculars.

A final decision on which of the n+1 competing mount designs we're
actually going to put the 41½" into.

Enough free time to read the 38,000 posts in usa that have built up over
the last two summers.

A usa Easter Party somewhere near here (say, Midgelden) so I can see
what you all look like.

A law against light pollution.

Christmas to be confined to the period from St. Nicholas' Day to Twelfth
Night (6 Dec to 6 Jan). Bah, humbug.

Dave.
--
uk.sci.astronomy: 53 deg 47 min N, 2 deg 24 min W, 425' above OS datum
uk.rec.motorcycles: MotorcycleCommute% RIP (1980-2001) Best - 1990 @ 98.64
Old November 13th 03, 08:45 AM
gp.skinner

My Astronomy christmas wish list would be real crisp clear skies with not a
drop of light pollution, and a nice naked eye comet - come on father
christmas if ya listening.

Graeme

Old November 13th 03, 03:03 PM
Alfred Mayers

"Chris.B" wrote in message
om...

A Chromacor O1 please Santa. But as I'm not supposed to believe in
Christmas I'm not even likely to get offered a second hand one.

Humbug?

Humbug!

Grinch *;^}#

Grinch?