Nice work Rod!

Old May 25th 04, 04:10 AM
CLT

Default Nice work Rod!

For those who haven't see it, Rod has a very good mosaic at:
http://www.lpod.org/LPOD-2004-05-24.htm

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
And the Lunar Picture of the Day http://www.lpod.org/
************************************

Old May 25th 04, 11:37 AM
Rod Mollise

Thanks, bro!

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old May 25th 04, 04:04 PM
Anthony G. Sanchez

Very well done mosaic.

I find it difficult to maintain an nice even tone across an area as large as
you've been able to do.

Those C-11's must be fairly decent;-)

Anthony Sanchez

Old May 25th 04, 05:05 PM
Jon Isaacs

Thanks, bro!

Rod: Looks good to me. That must be a pretty slick scope you have there, I
have never been able to read the name tags on the craters with any of mine...

jon
Old May 25th 04, 10:24 PM
Rod Mollise

Rod: Looks good to me. That must be a pretty slick scope you have there, I
have never been able to read the name tags on the craters with any of mine...

jon

Hi Jon:

Well, I keep tellin' ya, GET A C11! :-)

Old May 25th 04, 10:26 PM
Rod Mollise

I find it difficult to maintain an nice even tone across an area as large as
you've been able to do.

Those C-11's must be fairly decent;-)

Hi Anthony:

Indeed they are! :-) But the real secret, such as it is? Don't apply any
processing (or at least process each frame exactly and precisely the same way)
until you get 'em mosaiced together. I do a little wavelet filtering on frames,
but then leave 'em alone until I've run 'em through Imerge.

Old May 25th 04, 11:19 PM
Jon Isaacs

Hi Jon:

Well, I keep tellin' ya, GET A C11! :-)

Maybe. With my current scopes I can't see the name tags on the craters but I
have been able to make the Braille Labels that are there for the blind
astronomers....

jon