Oregon Weather

Old March 8th 12, 11:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Oregon Weather

On Mar 8, 5:51*am, HVAC wrote:
On 3/7/2012 6:27 PM, Double-A wrote:

Had macaroni and cheese on this pleasant day out on the Starbuck's
verandah. *Walking down from my locker last night back to Safeway, a
pretty woman passed me on the sidewalk and handed me $10 just for
being me!

Do you really look that needy?

Should I put on a shirt and pants without holes in them? Sometimes I
wonder why, if they're working for me!

A sunny 62F afternoon here on a most spring-like day! Forecast for 64
in Hillsboro and 66 in Beaverton! A low tonight of 37F won't be that
bad, not like all the frost last night! Wind N at 7 mph. Humidity
has dropped to 39%. Mostly clear skies. Doffodils are now in bloom
out beside the Starbuck's patio.

Steakhouse chili for lunch with jalapeno and cheese bread.

The dog man, Des, seems to have found a girlfriend! Hillsboro, a toun
where even a homeless vagabond can find love! Actually I can tolerate
Des. It's his dog I can't stand!

Up to the library with Steve, the freindly bus driver. Talking a blue
sreak, mostly about the weather, snow in April and such. Library not
too busy today.

Thanks for being a loyal reader, HVAC.

Double-A

Old March 9th 12, 12:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 3/8/2012 6:29 PM, Double-A wrote:

Thanks for being a loyal reader, HVAC.

You're my favorite bum.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old March 10th 12, 02:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Friday, March 9, 2012 6:16:17 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
On Mar 8, 4:01*pm, HVAC wrote:
On 3/8/2012 6:29 PM, Double-A wrote:

Thanks for being a loyal reader, HVAC.

You're my favorite bum.

Touching.

Sunny, light hign clouds, 56F at 3 PM PST. Rain coming. Wind S at 7
mph. Humidity 53%. There was frost last night when I was outside.
Venus is flirting with Jupiter, and Mars is overhead as the full Moon
passes by it.

Fish today for lunch. Hmm. Am I Catholic? Starbucks asst mgr Ramona
gave Kim and I a whole sack full of snacks! Tasted so good that I
almost missed the bus here to the library.

Another wonderful day here in the neighborhood!

Double-A

AA After Thursday hitting 70F today seems cold at 42F We are missing snow and rain this winter. Where I live lots of people here use 10 speed bikes. Have you thought of getting one? My friend Stev. goes to down town North Hampton and plays and sings Does pretty good Mass has 6.9 unemployment TreBert
Old March 10th 12, 10:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Mar 8, 4:01*pm, HVAC wrote:
[...]

70F??? I thought Boston was a cold place! People I know can't afford
a fancy bike. The use anything can get, even a kid's bike! Someone
left a bike at the Salvation Army donation box over night. That was
my chance. Too heavy to get far up hills though without pushing.
People with bikes like Andy can put their bikes on the front of
busses. Unemployment rate in Oregon is 9%.

49F here at 2 PM PST. Tomorrow starts PDT. Raining. Gearing up for
two more days of rain. Snow possible on Thursday! Wind SW at 5 mph.
humidity 80%.

Had clam chowder, tortilla chips, and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for
lunch out on the Starbucks verandah. I understand the founder of
Starbucks is one of the 8 Forbes richest men in the world who live in
Seattle. Guess that's why he can afford to give his unemployees good
benefits, unlike those who work at Safeway's franchised Starbucks who
don't get those benefits.

On of the clerks at Stafeway has been with the store over 30 years! I
can't imagine why. In 30 years he couldn't find a job with benefits?

Double-A

Old March 10th 12, 10:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 8, 4:01*pm, HVAC wrote:
[...]

Safeway offers terrific benefits to those full-time employed. What
percentage of Safeway is only part-time employed?

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Old March 11th 12, 01:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
@Jeff-Relf.Me

Default I know people who work at Safeway just for the benefits, not the money.

PRE
I know people who work at Safeway just for the benefits, not the money.

Safeway employees can strike, they're unionized.
They have medical, overtime pay, a pension and all that.
Old March 11th 12, 01:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 11, 6:39*am, @Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
I know people who work at Safeway just for the benefits, not the money. Safeway employees can strike, they're unionized. They have medical, overtime pay, a pension and all that.

That's also how I've known it to be. Those high food prices are not
because of charitable donations by Safeway, although by allowing
dumpster diving, shoplifting and handouts to street folks could easily
push their retail price up by 5%.

Old March 11th 12, 02:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Mar 8, 4:01*pm, HVAC wrote:
[...]

Double A Can you get a job as night watch man? Work for little money. How about a bagger at Safeways? Bikes are cheap at garage sales. Hope that was Boston clam chowder. Bright Sun Will be about 48F at 2pm Yes I added an hour. TreBert
Old March 11th 12, 10:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Mar 8, 4:01*pm, HVAC wrote:
[...]

*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Everybody is part time except the store manager, I think! And boy
have they been getting their hours cut lately! And just wait until
Walmart opens just up the street in a couple months!

Double-A

Old March 11th 12, 10:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Mar 11, 6:39*am, @Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
I know people who work at Safeway just for the benefits, not the money. Safeway employees can strike, they're unionized. They have medical, overtime pay, a pension and all that.

Hmmm. I wonder about their union. Ever hear of a Safeway strike?

Double-A

All Peaceful in Oregon HVAC[_2_] Misc 2 February 7th 11 04:47 PM
Looking for Oregon meteorites [email protected] Astronomy Misc 11 October 2nd 08 02:51 AM
Where do I go to see in Oregon? Adam Hunt Amateur Astronomy 10 April 15th 06 02:13 AM
Jihad Comes to Oregon? Double-A Misc 0 November 12th 05 08:16 PM
Medford, Oregon why why why Steve Bennett Misc 4 October 31st 03 06:37 AM