[AD} 35 years of Sky & Telescope Magazine for sale

Old August 5th 03, 11:26 PM
Morgoth

Default [AD} 35 years of Sky & Telescope Magazine for sale

FS: 35 years worth of Sky & Telescope magazine - issues from 1966
onwards through to 2001. A few (i.e. less than half-a-dozen) issues
missing, mainly from 1999 and 2000. All in good or mint condition.
There's too much to post (they take up approximately 8 feet of
shelf-space and weigh, well, lots!), so either buyer collects or I can
deliver them a reasonble distance (I'm based in Bournemouth, UK) for
cost of petrol as well.

£75 the lot.

E-mail morgoth AT valinor DOT freeserve DOT co DOT uk if you're
interested.

Best,
Dave
Author of the Supernovae and Supernova Remnants FAQ
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/supernova/
Visions of Light, Visions of Darkness - B&W Photography of Wessex
http://www.valinor.freeserve.co.uk/visions.html
Old August 6th 03, 04:44 AM
Craig MacDougal

"Rod Mollise" wrote in message
Damn! I still need 1965 (ex-wife number 2 threw them out!)... ;-)

Hrmm... methinks I detect one of the reasons this is an EX-wife. ;-)

Craig in Tampa

Old August 6th 03, 06:18 AM
Sauron

Morgoth,

So glad to hear you are still around.
I thought the Valar had exiled you
to the timeless void beyond the world.

Your pal in darkness,
Sauron

P.S. - Manwe is not going to be happy.

Old August 6th 03, 07:31 AM
Rod Mollise

Hrmm... methinks I detect one of the reasons this is an EX-wife. ;-)

This is the same one who allowed her lab to chew my 17th edition Norton's! But
I'm not mad still. Like HELL I'm not! :-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old August 6th 03, 02:03 PM
Rod Mollise

Sounds great... buhbuhbuhbut don't they just rewrite the same
articles every 12 months?

Hi:

I believe you may be thinking of someone else... :-)

Old August 6th 03, 05:26 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Rod Mollise wrote:
This is the same one who allowed her lab to chew my 17th edition
Norton's!

You never mentioned that you'd been widowed. My commiserations.

Best,
Stephen

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old August 6th 03, 06:21 PM
Rod Mollise

You never mentioned that you'd been widowed. My commiserations.

Hi:

I shoulda known...this is the same woman who, when I showed her M42 for the
first time, commented: "You waste your time looking at THAT?!" Sheesh! :-)

Larned my lesson! :-)

Old August 13th 03, 03:44 PM
Wayne Watson

I suspect that like Natl. Geographic magazine collectors that one day they will take the 5 billion
issues they've stored in the garage and trade them all in for the CDs of the magazine. Last time I
looked the complete collection was $99.00. Some day it'll probably happen to S&T.

Rod Mollise wrote:

You never mentioned that you'd been widowed. My commiserations.

Hi:

I shoulda known...this is the same woman who, when I showed her M42 for the
first time, commented: "You waste your time looking at THAT?!" Sheesh! :-)

Larned my lesson! :-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

--
Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet, Nevada City, CA)
-- GMT-8 hr std. time, RJ Rcvr 39° 8' 0" N, 121° 1' 0" W

Gleaned from Bill Bryson's A Brief History of Nearly Everything:
Yellowstone National Park is the largest active volcano in the world.
Massive erruptions have occured on an average every 600,000 years. They
dwarf the one at Mt. St. Helens. It's been 630,000 years since the last
major erruption. Good luck.

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Imaginarium Museum: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html

Old August 13th 03, 10:08 PM
Rod Mollise

Last time I
looked the complete collection was $99.00. Some day it'll probably happen to
S&T.

Hi:

I'd really, really like that!

Old August 14th 03, 07:18 PM
Al Hall

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:44:57 GMT, Wayne Watson
wrote:

I suspect that like Natl. Geographic magazine collectors that one day they will take the 5 billion
issues they've stored in the garage and trade them all in for the CDs of the magazine. Last time I
looked the complete collection was $99.00. Some day it'll probably happen to S&T.

Ha, one of my neighbors when I was a kid had a collection started by
his father. Went back to the early 1900s and completely consumed his
garage. About 5 years ago I saw the CD collection at Costco in a nice
wooden case for around $60. My Sis was with me and went ape over it
and I gave it to her as an early xmas gift.

It'd be nice to see S&T do the same, adds and all. I'd buy one.

Al Hall