Phil Plait - Bad Astromony

Old October 13th 07, 01:02 AM posted to sci.astro
OG

Default Phil Plait - Bad Astromony

Excellent guy, and all credit to Sonoma State University

My question is how he pronounces his name . . .

I reckon it rhymes with 'plate'

My daughter thinks it sounds like 'plat' - which rhymes with flat.

I thought I would download a podcast, but the announcer said his name to
rhyme with 'plate', but the interviewer made it sound like 'Plat' .

If you know how he pronounces his name, please let US know.

cheers

Old October 13th 07, 03:48 AM posted to sci.astro
Greg Hennessy

On 2007-10-13, OG wrote:
I reckon it rhymes with 'plate'

When I went to grad school with him, he pronounced it as 'plate'.

Old October 13th 07, 11:26 AM posted to sci.astro
OG

omain...
On 2007-10-13, OG wrote:
I reckon it rhymes with 'plate'

When I went to grad school with him, he pronounced it as 'plate'.

Cheers Greg,

Owen

Phil Wins PGA! Double-A Misc 0 August 15th 05 05:03 PM
What Got me into Astromony starlord Amateur Astronomy 4 October 14th 04 04:07 PM
Complications and Analysis' of Phil Plait \\The Commentator// Astronomy Misc 2 July 9th 04 02:38 AM
FWD: Phill Plait goes after Hoaxland! OM History 3 March 19th 04 05:17 PM
Phil Doubts it! Rand Simberg Policy 28 January 31st 04 12:03 PM