New "planet" discovered; heliocentric theory still questioned

Old March 17th 04, 01:54 AM
BHZellner

Default New "planet" discovered; heliocentric theory still questioned

... Google still has the old version cached. Do a
Google News search for "spotted orbiting the
Earth".

With whips and chains, you could not force some
of my freshman astronomy students to make a
distinction between "orbiting the earth" and
"orbiting the sun." On their most recent exam,
quite a few told me that Io with its sulfur
volcanism or Titan with its thick atmosphere are
satellites of Venus. A few even said that both
are satellites of the earth.

And those are the people who will be the newspaper
writers of the next generation.

Ben

Old March 17th 04, 02:56 AM
Carl R. Osterwald

In article , Wally
Anglesea™ wrote:

On 16 Mar 2004 09:40:27 -0800, (Pietro
Sommavilla) wrote:

(Pietro Sommavilla) wrote in message
.com...
Wally Anglesea? wrote in
message . ..
On 15 Mar 2004 10:39:08 -0800,
(Pietro
Sommavilla) wrote:

(John Baez) wrote in message
From the news at

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...199151404.html

we read:

New planet discovery to be announced
March 15, 2004

American scientists were today expected to announce that they had
found
a new "planet" in our solar system.

A 10th heavenly body has been spotted orbiting the Earth.

The "planet" SEDNA was discovered by Michael Brown.
(Institute of Tecnology California)

Anyway..it's just a lirock.

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~mbrown/sedna/

..yeah..another asteroid like ..quaoar

but still called a planet (planetoid)

Earth (----------------) 12.756km

Moon (---) 3.476km

Mercury (----) 4.878km

Pluton (--) 2.280km

Sedna (-) [around] 1.290-1.770km

So I guess there is it !
The Sumerian's 12th planet.

Unlikely, since they knew nothing about it, and couldn't possibly have
detected it.

The Zetas obviously told the Sumerians all about Sedna, down to the
finest details.

-=-=-=-=-

Official AFA-B Bully, Pest, Antagonist, and Gubmint Disinformation Agent
Old March 17th 04, 04:29 AM
Rick Sobie

"Volker Hetzer" wrote in message

"John Baez" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
I'm glad the news agency corrected it, and I hope Mr. Hetzer
reads the cached version before Google updates it:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ed...nG=Search+News

Okokok, that link works.
Sorry. Ash on my head. Really.

Volker

SEE! SEE! I told you!

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C22325FB7

Old March 17th 04, 04:40 AM
Rick Sobie

"Uncle Al" wrote in message ...
John Baez wrote:

From the news at

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...199151404.html

we read:

New planet discovery to be announced
March 15, 2004

American scientists were today expected to announce that they had found
a new "planet" in our solar system.

A 10th heavenly body has been spotted orbiting the Earth.

"The object has been named Sedna after the Inuit goddess of the
ocean." That adequately puts it in perspective. We've regressed from
thundergods to fish farts. Besides, Roman Emperor Caligula conquered
the ocean in 40 AD. Check out Caius Suetonius Tranquillus' account.

Is the Hubble making trouble again? Sell the blighted overpriced
bureaucratic excrescence to the highest spacefaring bidder (ESA,
Russia, China, NSA) and have done with it. All Hubble data should be
banned, like Nazi medical experiment archives and Martha Stewart
(finally).

Uncle Al would have gone for a Hindu god. With 300,000,000+

That's 300,000,007 to be precise.

And I would have opted for the Hindu god of freeze dried beans,
because it is about the size of one. There are stars closer to earth than it
aren't there?

And what ever happened to Greek? Is this some sort of veiled
coup d'etat?

I've said it once, I will say it again, our educational system
is failing.

http://www.hvgb.net/~sedna/homepage.html

Years from now, they will laugh at you. Out loud.

from
which to choose, the strongly remunerated studies could have gone on
for years merely assembling the list. In fact, the World Court in the
Hague should be *immediately* convened to order a definitive list of
all deities, saints, spirits, sprites, nyads, elves, angels, pixies,
goblins, devas, faeries, shapeshifters, satyrs, incubi, succubi,
ghosts, leprechauns, gnomes, ogres, elementals, sylphs, genii, nymphs,
demons, servitors, witches, halflings, tulpas, dakinis, dragons,
vampires, mermaids, unicorns, familiars, griffins, valkyries, zephyrs,
intergalactic field proctologists... plus Krocaa, God of the
Aarakocra; Baba Yaga, Cthulhu, Pegasus, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, the
occasional oozing putrescence, and Kibo. New orbiting bodies will be
assigned names at random, weighted by social compassion, gender
anti-bias, celebration of alternative lifestyles, and activist
compensation for White Protestant European oppressive historic
apochryphal atrocities levied upon Beliefs of Colour.

The government-subsidized bickering (plus fully-paid health and
pension benefits) could go on for millennia.

In the meanwhile, newly discovered Sol-orbiting bodies of at least
Pluto's diameter will be consecutively named Al, Bob, Chuck, Dave,
Earnie, Fred, Greg, Hal, Ivan, Jan, Karl, Larry, Moe, Nick, Oscar,
Pepe (compassion!), Quincy, Rich, Sam, Tom... Just how much big crap
is in the Kuiper belt?

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

Old March 17th 04, 05:10 AM
Rick Sobie

http://www.hvgb.net/~sedna/homepage.html

Nice story isn't it?

Sure, blame it on me.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C22325FB7

My dad is going to be ****ed.

This is not a planet. There are no token Indian planets people.

This is a ball of ice and snow. (I hope)

Old March 17th 04, 05:39 AM
Rick Sobie

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message news:35R5c.73113$Up2.61977@pd7tw1no...

http://www.hvgb.net/~sedna/homepage.html

Nice story isn't it?

Oh I can read between the lines people, yes I can.

What about Eos?

Is there anything named Eos yet?

Or Enyo?

We cannot have a token native planet. Be serious, the planets are not
the property of any one group and to name the planet Sedna, reflects
several things.

1) That somehow the natives have no association with the other planets.

2)That for racial reasons or reasons of guilt, the natives were given a planet
somewhere at the end of the universe.

3) We have abandoned the Greek naming convention for reasons of insanity
guilt, shame, spite, to make some abscure point in heaven which just ain't so.

For your in the loop information
1) She is not an ice bitch.
2) She is not so excluded.
3) she was not cast out like some sort of lost forgotten child and drove into the sea by Zeus
4)She is blonde not white or brown or grey haired
5)She is far more like Luna even, than Eos or Enyo because she is somewhat
private and mysterious. She is nothing like Sedna. She is actually close by and kept safe.
Definitely not excluded. ISn't that right Bea? Micheal? Stephen? (too much information I know

Boy the lengths some astronomers will go to get some attention.

Old March 17th 04, 05:51 AM
Rick Sobie

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message news:swR5c.74053$Up2.40679@pd7tw1no...

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message news:35R5c.73113$Up2.61977@pd7tw1no...

http://www.hvgb.net/~sedna/homepage.html

Nice story isn't it?

Oh I can read between the lines people, yes I can.

What about Eos?

Is there anything named Eos yet?

Or Enyo?

We cannot have a token native planet. Be serious, the planets are not
the property of any one group and to name the planet Sedna, reflects
several things.

1) That somehow the natives have no association with the other planets.

2)That for racial reasons or reasons of guilt, the natives were given a planet
somewhere at the end of the universe.

3) We have abandoned the Greek naming convention for reasons of insanity

Grekko Roman Finnish whatever, look we gave them Nunavit that was appology enough.
This is going too far. IMHO

Old March 17th 04, 06:00 AM
Matthew Montchalin

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Rick Sobie wrote:
| We cannot have a token native planet. Be serious, the planets are not
| the property of any one group and to name the planet Sedna, reflects
| several things.
|
| 1) That somehow the natives have no association with the other planets.
|
| 2)That for racial reasons or reasons of guilt, the natives were given a planet
| somewhere at the end of the universe.
|
| 3) We have abandoned the Greek naming convention for reasons of insanity
|
|Grekko Roman Finnish whatever, look we gave them Nunavit that was
|appology enough. This is going too far. IMHO

Let me get this straight, I'm confused. The planet may be spelled Sedna,
but it is pronounced Sobie, right?

Old March 17th 04, 06:01 AM
Rick Sobie

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message news:bHR5c.825243$X%5.218428@pd7tw2no...

[...]

In case you don't know the story, Zeus's daughter, is also here on earth.
A little while ago, we found out she was all depressed and feeling excluded.
She has not been excluded, I just wasn't sure who she was.
If you believe everything angels tell you, you will end up like Nancy Lieder.

So I am still not going to tell anyone who I was told she is.

Besides you already think I am nuts, there is no sense in adding to
to that any further.

If she wasn't famous, maybe I would tell you, but she is.
And so you see, that would be an invasion of her privacy,
if it is in fact her. And if it isn't then well, big joke on us all
I suppose, but much too embarassing for her and her 'friends'..

Old March 17th 04, 06:25 AM
Rick Sobie

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message

[...]

And don't confuse her with her human shield. And what a human shield
that one is. Who needs an army.