Was there a civilization that existed 13 000 years ago?

Old October 12th 03, 08:25 PM
Paul R. Mays

Default Was there a civilization that existed 13 000 years ago?

"Jack" wrote in message
m...
"Paul R. Mays" wrote in message

Map all the pyramids around Gaza ..... Match the positions
of the 7 stars of the Orion constellation on any star charting
software .... Rotate the constellation backward in time until
the positions of all 7 of the Gaza pyramids match the positions
of the 7 stars in the constellation... Thinks that's bunk don't ya...
Ya think its just some wild claim... Try it....

Then think about our present model...

you're a k00k

Never said I wasn't... But I'll bet a buck you didn't do it did ya...

I gave you a very specific piece of evidence that anyone can
verify themselves and I'm a kook for suggesting you get off
your ass and try it...

Next you'll post no you didn't do it because its such a kook
concept you won't waste your time on it...

But that's kewl.. I've been telling everyone I'm a kook for
a long time... but ya know when most actually read what I
write and not what they think I wrote that kook concept
gets a bit nebulas...

Now you come back after you check the evidence and
then you have a foot to stand on....

Old October 12th 03, 08:26 PM
Paul R. Mays

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

Paul R. Mays wrote:

and come up with building 10 k years old "(When they find Venice
underwater 10,000 years from now, ) " add another 5 and you are almost
there in your conceptualizing... Read, Study, research the subject that
has been under study for a long time then make up your mind..

There are 24 hours in a day, which is 1440 minutes. I have better uses
for my time.

Bob Kolker

Thanx for making my point....

Old October 12th 03, 08:28 PM
Paul R. Mays

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

Paul R. Mays wrote:

Just remember.. just 1 little man made varifable building
at 400 feet is proof that there "Was a civilization that existed
13 000 years ago" which was the topic... no Atlantis mentioned..

So what? 13,000 years from now someone will say, look! I have found
evidence of a civilization that existed 13,000 years ago.

Bob Kolker

And another missed point goes by the way side....

IF there is a verifiable building 13 k old all our
present theories of human history before the ICE age
is invalid... That's what... geezzzz

Old October 12th 03, 08:37 PM
Paul R. Mays

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

Paul R. Mays wrote:

I remember reading about a fantastic claim that the earth was round
at one time... then some idiot made the claim that the earth actually
orbited the sun... those fools... oh yea... they were right after

all...

They were believed AFTER the evidence was in hand, not before. Did you
know that a broken 12 hour clock tells the right time twice a day?

Bob Kolker

Yep.. and you would have been one of the guys fighting tooth
and nail in your absolute faith of the proven flat earth until the bitter
end, never even considering the possibility when provided many , many
pieces of evidence until a committee says its ok for you to consider it...

Do you actually think some guy came along and provided evidence
of a round earth and everybody said ..that's it.. the earth is round..
Read how much trouble was had when the idea was presented...
Read how long many ranted about how stupid the idea was...
Read how many would not even consider the provided evidence
for many years... You should get one of them neat red hats....

Old October 12th 03, 09:16 PM
Paul R. Mays

"DrPostman" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:43:01 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

Now If a reasonable civilization were to form after the
event they have 40 to 55 k years to develop a
city based culture.

Why would a reduction of humans down to a few thousand
cause them to suddenly build cities?

It didn't ... its the reduction and the cause of the reduction
for why we don't find the remains... ( not my theory)

The theory is that a large building civilization existed during the ice
age and had progressed to building large cities with technology lost.

That the cities would have been built along water ways due to
transportation, food and environments of the time... those areas would
today be hundreds of miles out to sea and under 400 to 600 feet of
ocean and 30 to 100 feet of ocean floor. The cities that would
have existed at higher altitude ( very few) would have been rebuilt,
resettled and modified by later varied civilizations to the point that
finding predating evidence is a hard thing to uncover.. We have a
hell of a time today just filling in the data on civilizations of just
5k years ago... and are just now finding many cities under desert sands
and forested jungle.... and now and then we find a piece of evidence
that points to a time before our current theory says humans had developed.

Proof ... no not at all.. never said it was... but there is evidence..

Now that culture has limited
availability to place cities... The northern and southern
hemispheres are Ice covered. The mountains along
the equatorial areas are ice capped and 500 to 800 feet
higher above sea level than today. The coast line and
all river systems are in vastly different locations . Most
land that is usable would be in the low lands with smaller
hamlets and villages scattered to the edges of the ice fields
and even on the ice fields.

Do you realize that geologists are able to see where rivers
used to flow?

Yep..

Now along about 30 to 20 k ago the ice receded and this
happened very quick which makes me think there was a second
catastrophic event of some type. This melt changed the face
of the planet. We are looking at where man traveled as he
tried to make a comeback after his numbers were cut by the
melt period , the places he would have lived before in numbers
would be well under water. And since we are still finding
lost cities that are only a few k old on dry land close to where
people been building for 2000 years leads to understanding why
evidence for a 15k civilization is a bit sparse... but not a totally
absence..

Once again you forget habitats that go back many tens of thousands
of years. It also appears that you believe that the entire Earth was
covered in ice. That might have occurred many millions of years
ago, and that theory is still very new, but there is no evidence that
it ever happened in the last ice age.

The evidence is that at around 70 k years ago a major reduction in the
human ( and other living things) was hit hard and the population dropped
drastically.. evidence says that the European and north American
ice sheets covered all the land ( and oceans) down to about Ohio
,Germany, ect.. and Ice flows covered the southern hemisphere
up to Peru.. And there is evidence that the equatorial zone was
much, much colder and had seasons more like north America.

This means that we will not find any evidence of cultured civilizations
in those areas... And the ocean was 400 to 600 feet lower and we can
find where old water ways ran and that where we would look under
a few hundred feet of ocean floor for any major evidence.. Minor
evidence may be found on what would have been the High Lands but
will be hard to verify due to successive groups reusing, modifying, digging
and generally screwing up a previous civilizations left overs...

I have gotten yelled at and called a kook for suggesting someone
map the Gaza and see if at a time around 10 to 15 k ago they
match.. I did it and they match all 7 Gaza pyramids and the
7 stars of Orion.. and the Nile.. and due to precession the only
time that they do match is then... all I ask is Why and explain
how if built as present theory says the match could exist..

Again..not my theory... but I read about the match and got
my own maps and charted them... got a copy of a astronomical
map software and rotated it back through time and found the
period where all the points matched.. I find it astounding....

Is it proof.. nope.. but its a valid piece of evidence...

Paul R. Mays
-
Some where within the Quantum State
Http://Paul.Mays.Com
http://paul.mays.com/resume.html

"Perhaps the only thing that saves science from
invalid conventional wisdom that becomes
effectively permanent is the presence of mavericks
in every generation - people who keep challenging
convention and thinking up new ideas for the
sheer hell of it or from an innate contrariness."
- Dr. D. M. Raup, Paleontologist, U. Chicago.

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

"The services provided by Sylvia Browne Corporation are highly
speculative in nature and we do not guarantee that the results
of our work will be satisfactory to a client."
-Sylvia's Refund Policy

"No, the next step, Doktor, is that you start diagnosing illegally and
stupidly online, and get your license revoked."
-viveshwar

Old October 12th 03, 09:33 PM
Paul R. Mays

"DrPostman" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:48:09 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message

Paul R. Mays wrote:

Cities under a few hundred feet of water and 90 or so
feet of ocean debris can wipe a few traces.. and how
much of a trace would you say a 200 foot tall stone
building would leave... after being scraped over by a
couple miles of ice.... for a 1000 years or so...

You have not produced the means to distinguish between no such city
ever, and a city wiped clean. In the absence of evidence you have not a
square yard to stand on. All you offer us if feeble speculations not
backed up by anything other than your foolish fantisizing.

Bob Kolker

I'm not the expert and I make no claims.. I have read and considered
many areas of studies and I have found reasonable evidence provided
by many writers that actually got off their asses ( unlike you) and
researched the possibilities... Just because you have a limited mental
ability to comprehend evidence presented by many well informed and
respected researchers does not mean that a simple layman as I would
waste my time repeating the writings of those that have spent their
lives actually doing the research in order to spoon feed your knowledge
void.

Hancock has spent his live preying upon the passionately credulous
such
as yourself. He has no background in any of the areas he claims to be
an expert in. Yet you would rather take his theories over those of
hundreds of thousands of geologists, anthropologists, etc...

Amazing.

I do not... I didn't ever say his theories are valid.. and I would care
less
if he was a 13yo drop out. He points to evidence that I can go and
check myself... I've read the standard views from all the above and
I've read several other theories... and with new finds being found all
the time I would say the the jury is out and that mans knowledge base
has a lot to learn....

Old October 12th 03, 09:39 PM
Paul R. Mays

"DrPostman" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:21:45 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

Then your an Idiot.....

Spot the irony?

You gotta love the self inflicted wounds that
kooks do to themselves.

Are you saying you agree with his statement that
he made, that you cut?

Paul Mays:
You rant.... Give me evidence of X... But make sure you prove beyond
doubt that X is true before I will even study the evidence attempting
to prove X....

Bob Kolker:
That is exactly what I want."

Just want to know of your ability to understand
conceptual thought...

You gotta love the self inflicted wounds that people
with reading comprehension issues do to themselves.

Old October 12th 03, 09:47 PM
Paul R. Mays

"DrPostman" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:30:46 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

Maybe in a nice class room somewhere but on a few
newsgroups on the internet where the likes of TJ, Smart, Spacey
and others banter about, I think I might just be allowed to do and
say pretty much what ever the **** I want to ... and say it
in any way I wish.. When the time comes that I wish to have
a peer review of some aspect of my own postulates I will take the
time to quote from the books, provide an out line, bibliography,
organized reference lists etc.. Till then I'll just say go to the
big building in your town that has all those dusty old paper things
with all the letters printed in them.... They use to be called books...
and there's a lot of them and many have some neat stuff.....

Start off by learning the difference between "your" and "you're".

Your .. a possessive as in "That's Your opinion and your opinion
is no better than mine."

You're .. A declarative as in "You're having problems in reading
comprehension aren't you?"

I love how kooks get all hostile when you ask hard questions.

I love how the arrogant can not comprehend that we know far less
about the world than we do know....

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.
You can email me at: eckles(at)midsouth.rr.com

"The services provided by Sylvia Browne Corporation are highly
speculative in nature and we do not guarantee that the results
of our work will be satisfactory to a client."
-Sylvia's Refund Policy

"No, the next step, Doktor, is that you start diagnosing illegally and
stupidly online, and get your license revoked."
-viveshwar

Paul R. Mays
-
Some where within the Quantum State
Http://Paul.Mays.Com
http://paul.mays.com/resume.html

"In questions of science, the authority
of a thousand is not worth the humble
reasoning of a single individual."
- Galileo Galilei

Old October 12th 03, 09:52 PM
Robert J. Kolker

Paul R. Mays wrote:

Is it proof.. nope.. but its a valid piece of evidence...

Evidence of what? That you can connect dots?

Bob Kolker

Old October 12th 03, 10:10 PM
Paul R. Mays

"DrPostman" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:41:28 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

But just to clarify.. I make no claims.. I state that
some people of note have given specific evidence that
supports the view of a larger civilization than what the
present historical record indicate..

None of those you pointed to hold degrees in archeology,
anthropology, geology, etc.... Why do you take the
word of amateurs with questionable backgrounds over
thousands of well studied field workers who really know
their stuff, and are aware of interdisciplinary collaborations?

Who the **** cares if there are a bunch of letters behind a name..
I might if I wished to just take someone's word for something...

The evidence provided is the important aspect .. not some talking
head telling me what to consider. If a ditzy blond that dropped out
of school at 10 walked up and said "look at this" and hands me a
bone in a vain of coal then tells me its proof that man is as old as
coal I'll take a look and if its interesting I'll study the data and I
could care less what the claim is .. or who made it. I will continue
to question every aspect of mans knowledge base and every claim
made by men of many letters ... even the one's, that due to those letters,
you would take at their word...

All I have been suggesting in this thread ( and I'm not the one that
started it ) is that there is evidence that anyone out there can check..
and when there are several interpretations for the observed... use
your own mind to come up with a rational construct based on the
data... not the self aggrandizement that causes some to brandish
their authority in letters behind their names...

I tend to have greater respect for those like El, hanson,bert, Minor Crank
and others that just use there intellect to support their positions instead
of
resorting to authority... Whether I disagree with their position or not..