Planets can form in stellar clusters too!

Old September 16th 12, 01:01 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Planets can form in stellar clusters too!

Two Hot Jupiters Found In The Beehive Cluster - Space News - redOrbit
http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1...-stars-091512/
Old September 16th 12, 01:27 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 9/15/12 7:01 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Two Hot Jupiters Found In The Beehive Cluster - Space News - redOrbit
http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1...-stars-091512/

Most stars born in clusters. Our sun was probably once part of a young
cluster.

Old September 16th 12, 02:36 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
G=EMC^2[_2_]

http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1...er-cluster-of-...

* *Most stars born in clusters. Our sun was probably once part of a young
* *cluster.

Sam the universe loves "multriplicity" We see so many globular and
open clusters of stars. My scrape book shows the big globalur clusters
as round balls. 100LYs across holding about a million stars. Sam I
relate them to "dwarf galaxies" I have an idea these globular
clusrters are older than the Milk Way. Good reason why too. It helps
my thinking when I theorize they could be usefull in the ceation of
stas. So I think you are on the money going with the Sun being part
of a cluster. Our galaxy has about 140 globalur clusters and I'm
looking at Omega Centauri Its the bightest(very round) I think its
about 25,000,LYs from us. TreBert
Old September 16th 12, 06:28 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 16, 6:36*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
[...]

Our galaxy is made up of multiple clusters or pup galaxies that merged
and united. Andromeda is coming at us too fast to make anything stick
with either galaxy, so instead it's going to become galaxies of
absolute hell for millions of years before it's all over.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

Old September 16th 12, 11:05 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 16, 6:36*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
[...]

within either galaxy, so instead it's going to become a random
happenstance gauntlet of crazy galaxies mixing it up and otherwise
absolute hell for millions of years (start to finish) before it's all
over.

The odds of our solar system not being affected is slim to none unless
we’re talking of a galactic glancing blow instead of any direct
through and through encounter that’s probably going to include a great
deal of retrograde encounters, of which the fast moving gravity alone
of Andromeda stuff passing within a light year of us year could be
downright lethal, because there need not be any direct physical
interactions in order to cause the end of all terrestrial life as we
know it.