Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Old April 1st 06, 06:29 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Bob wrote:
The best way to strengthen the gene pool is to become the target of
genocide.

Not if it is were thoroughly. The Germans killed six million jews and
there were twenty million in the world the. They were not thorough.
Besides which cultural adaptation trumps genetic variation. The human
race has been evolving by non genetic means since the end of the last
ice age. Culture is everything, race is nothing.

The instruments of cultural adaptation and evolution are memes, not genes.

Bob Kolker

Old April 1st 06, 06:30 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Scott Hedrick wrote:

If you're going to do it, do it publically. The way the US executes people
is entirely ineffective, hidden away. Make it public (and get rid of the
lethal injection- go back to firing squad, hanging or Ol' Sparky), so
potential bad guys can see the end result of their actions.

I happen to not like the death penalty, mostly on account of the way its
done. However, if you are going to do it, then *do it*. Do you suppose it
would have been a deterrent to conversion if that guy in Afghanistan had
been given lethal injection, hidden where nobody can see?

There is nothing like a public hanging or beheading to put the Fear of
God in the People. Witnessing a lethal injection is like watching paint
dry. Boooooring.

Bob Kolker
Old April 1st 06, 06:32 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Atlas Bugged wrote:

No. The entire problem with radical Islam can - and likely will - be solved
with a few very intense strikes, not even nuclear. What's needed to win a
war is that the enemy has to have their will broken.

They are crazy. The only way to break their insane will is to destroy
their bodies.

The Germans and the Japs did not have the Jihad Meme.

Bob Kolker

Old April 1st 06, 06:33 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Atlas Bugged wrote:

Given a choice between living in secular peace or religious war, they'll
give it up sooner or later. The amount of bloodshed will be up to them, but
I think you will see a fast rise of reason to the top of the heap.

With nukes on the loose there is no later. There is now or never. Kill
them all and let Allah sort out the bodies.

Bob Kolker

Old April 1st 06, 06:48 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Robert J. Kolker" writes:

Stephen Adams wrote:
- Found to be legally responsible for the death of the person

Double jeopardy. In BOTH cases, he was accused of the same thing. The
second jury was illegally constituted to review the a decision on the
same accusation.

Actually not. The civil case was for monetary damages flowing from the
act of homicide, not the homicide itself.

One case was for a felony, the other for a tort.

I'm not denying that it was permitted based on that reasoning. I'm denying
the basis for that reasoning. Once OJ was found 'not guilty' no jury should
be permitted to review those facts. Ever.

That's the fundamental issue here. The 'twin' systems of 'civil' vs '
criminal' are permitting something that is not allowed - the review
of a jury verdict by another jury.

I *know* that US Supreme Court says its ok. I disagree with them, and
think that the Constitution and the Foudners agree with me.

Note well - if he's found guilty in the criminal case, then there would
be no prohibition against a monatary judgment in a civil case. The jury
in the civil case is not deciding if he did it or not, but if he should
ALSO pay restituion (as opposed to just criminal penalties).

-Stephen
--
Space Age Cybernomad Stephen Adams
(remove SPAM to reply)
Old April 1st 06, 07:07 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Atlas Bugged" wrote in message
The "wars" in Iraq and Afghan have actually been enormous welfare
programs. Had they been real wars, the other nations would have sobered up
and the people there would have killed off their own terrorists.

The real problem is that we went in trying to be their friends. We should
*first* have made it clear what it is like to be our enemy. This is what
happens when we take classics like The Prince and The Art of War out of the
public schools.

Given a choice between living in secular peace or religious war, they'll
give it up sooner or later. The amount of bloodshed will be up to them,
but I think you will see a fast rise of reason to the top of the heap.

Genocide is applicable when your national territory has been invaded. Thus,
if US territory is invaded, we have a duty to start with NBC weapons on
enemy territory, including civilians, until they surrender. Since we invaded
Iraq, such weapons would be entirely inappropriate.

Old April 1st 06, 07:22 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:11:31 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

That is as strange thing to say, especially from someone who advocates
genocide.

In self defense. Rembember, Rembember the eleventh of september. I saw
the Jihad Meme manifest fully. Time to eliminte it.

The Jihad Meme programs otherwise normal humans to be killers.

That's a weak justification for genocide.

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
Old April 1st 06, 07:34 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:18:05 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

Article III

Section 1. The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish.

RIGHT THERE BOB. The Constitution ordains the Supreme Court and Congress
establishes the inferior courts.

The Constitution does no such thing. It ordains that the Congress
shall vest judicial power in the SC and inferior courts. Congress is
fully responsible for the SC and the lower courts. They are not the
third branch of the federal govt.

In any case Judges serve for life. They
cannot be removed except to blatant misbaviour and moral terpretude. In
short, we have an indepdendent judiciary.

The fact that Congress appoints judges to serve for life and removes
them by impeachment argues that Congress is the controlling agent of
judicial power.

Why do I have to the read the U.S. Constitution to you. Can't you read
it yourself?

You need to comprehend what you read.

1) Judicial power is established and controlled by Congress, not the
courts.

2) Nowhere in the Constitution is there anything that even remotely
argues for the SC to be the third branch of the federal govt.

The SC like the federal courts depends on Congress for its
establishment and maintenance.

Old April 1st 06, 07:47 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:26:31 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

And the court (unfortunately) decides that. Not the states.
Nullification is dead and gone, since April of 1865. Your side lost the
Civil War.

Texas did not sign the surrender at Appomattox Courthouse. It did sign
an agreement to end hostilities when the Union Army showed up on its
doorstep later. Even then Texans continued to prosecute the War for 1
1/2 years after the surrender at Appomattox.

Once again you like so many other Americans are confusing Texans with
people who live in America. Texas is a whole other country and I hope
our little chats are enlightening you about that fact of reality.

Old April 1st 06, 07:51 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:27:12 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

A good peaceful Iraq is a dead Iraq which glows blue at night.

There are many people in the world who say the same about Israel.

That they do. But the Israelis have nuclear weapons. As the bible says:
There is a Bomb in Gilead.

What's God going to say when Iran gets nuclear weapons: "Oops!"

All I can say is thank God Bush was appointed president by the NWO
because I would not want to think what a completely ****ed up mess we
would be in if Gore or Kerry had been appointed. They and the leftist
queers would not have had the guts to invade Iraq or Afghanistan and
therefore we would not have a strong military presence on both sides
of Iran.

You want a strong military solution - well, be glad Bush gave it to
you.