Moon & Venus Wednesday Evening

Old January 26th 15, 09:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Moon & Venus Wednesday Evening

Lord Vath wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:30:40 +0000 (UTC), Mike Collins
wrote this crap:

There's not a lot to choose between the latest versions of Stellarium and
Redshift. The latest version of Stellarium will be better than an old
version of Redshift.
The constellation art of Stellarium is very poor but I wouldn't expect an
astronomer to opt for this display.
On a smartphone Redshift has more features but Stellarium has a more
realistic display.
Stellarium is free for PC and cheap for smartphone. Redshift is very
expensive for smartphone.

I paid about $15 for my version. I don't see how you can use it on a
smartphone because the printing on the toolbar at the top is very
small on a computer. On a smartphone it would be too small to read
and you'd need fingers the size of a small spider to use the drop
downs.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkVkKIGid1c&sns=em
Old January 26th 15, 10:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:21:47 +0000 (UTC), Mike Collins
wrote this crap:

I paid about $15 for my version. I don't see how you can use it on a
smartphone because the printing on the toolbar at the top is very
small on a computer. On a smartphone it would be too small to read
and you'd need fingers the size of a small spider to use the drop
downs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkVkKIGid1c&sns=em

I don't click on youtube ads.

Old January 27th 15, 12:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wrote this crap:

I paid about $15 for my version. I don't see how you can use it on a
smartphone because the printing on the toolbar at the top is very
small on a computer. On a smartphone it would be too small to read
and you'd need fingers the size of a small spider to use the drop
downs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkVkKIGid1c&sns=em

I don't click on youtube ads.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

Then you'll never find out how easy it is to use astronomical software on a
phone.
Old January 27th 15, 12:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote this crap:

I paid about $15 for my version. I don't see how you can use it on a
smartphone because the printing on the toolbar at the top is very
small on a computer. On a smartphone it would be too small to read
and you'd need fingers the size of a small spider to use the drop
downs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkVkKIGid1c&sns=em

I don't click on youtube ads.

Then you'll never find out how easy it is to use astronomical software on a
phone.

So what? I don't own an iphone and I never will. I don't buy
anything from Apple, and I'm waiting for something better to come out.

Old January 28th 15, 02:36 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sketcher

On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 1:55:08 AM UTC-7, Lord Androcles wrote:

Aren't your sketches two dimensional representations of a three dimensional
universe and therefore fiction?

Assume the above logic to be sound. Then every image that has formed on either or both of your retinas would be . . .

What ARE your only choices?

They are not limited to the two you gave.

Can you sketch Algol without drawing what you expect?

Yes.

Did you, or did you not, see Mercury in your 8 degree FOV bins when it went
unnoticed?

Yes.

Sketcher,
'nough said.
Old January 28th 15, 10:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 01:25:00 UTC+1, Lord Vath wrote:
So what? I don't own an iphone and I never will. I don't buy
anything from Apple, and I'm waiting for something better to come out.

Hmmm. $18,000,000,000 profit, in one quarter alone, for a phone with a broken aerial but heavily patented corners?

How much US tax will this anti-American wing of the NSA pay on the largest trading profit in global history?

Jobs' own country! Built on slavery.

Dog bless America! A toothless mutt.

In Dog we trust! Blind leading the blind.

The World's boy scout. Dealing drugs, power and weapons, for cheap oil, behind the scenes.

Land of the free! To be poor, sick, spied on and homeless.

The American dream! But a nightmare for most.

IRS. Inequality Reinforcement Selectors.

I caught Jupiter and Venus last night on opposite horizons.
As soon as I had weighed them I put them back.
Old January 28th 15, 11:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 3:55:08 AM UTC-5, Lord Androcles wrote:

Aren't your sketches two dimensional representations of a three dimensional
universe and therefore fiction?

Aren't your ASTROPHOTOS two dimensional representations of a three dimensional
universe and therefore fiction?
Old January 28th 15, 11:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 3:55:08 AM UTC-5, Lord Androcles wrote:

Did you, or did you not, see Mercury in your 8 degree FOV bins when it went
unnoticed?

At the date and ~time of Sketcher's observation Mercury was ~5 degrees below and slightly left of the Moon, which itself was getting close to the horizon. Chances are it was hidden from view by trees, hills, or buildings, etc.

Old January 31st 15, 12:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 02:09:15 -0800 (PST), "Chris.B"
wrote this crap:

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 01:25:00 UTC+1, Lord Vath wrote:
So what? I don't own an iphone and I never will. I don't buy
anything from Apple, and I'm waiting for something better to come out.

Hmmm. $18,000,000,000 profit, in one quarter alone, for a phone with a broken aerial but heavily patented corners?

How much US tax will this anti-American wing of the NSA pay on the largest trading profit in global history?

Jobs' own country! Built on slavery.

Dog bless America! A toothless mutt.

In Dog we trust! Blind leading the blind.

The World's boy scout. Dealing drugs, power and weapons, for cheap oil, behind the scenes.

Land of the free! To be poor, sick, spied on and homeless.

The American dream! But a nightmare for most.

IRS. Inequality Reinforcement Selectors.

I caught Jupiter and Venus last night on opposite horizons.
As soon as I had weighed them I put them back.

The profits for the liquor industry just went up.