Hubble Marching orders

Old January 21st 05, 10:15 PM
Charles Buckley

Default Hubble Marching orders

http://www.space.com/news/hubble_budget_050121.html

"WASHINGTON – The White House has eliminated funding for a mission to
service the Hubble Space Telescope from its 2006 budget request and
directed NASA to focus solely on de-orbiting the popular spacecraft at
the end of its life, according to government and industry sources."

Old January 22nd 05, 02:50 PM
Explorer

Classic Friday afternoon cancellation.
They are hoping that everyone forgets about this on Monday.

Old January 22nd 05, 03:12 PM
richard schumacher

http://www.space.com/news/hubble_budget_050121.html

"WASHINGTON – The White House has eliminated funding for a

mission to
service the Hubble Space Telescope from its 2006 budget

request and
directed NASA to focus solely on de-orbiting the popular

spacecraft at
the end of its life, according to government and industry

sources."

What did you expect?

Bush gets his 'science' from his Bible.

Time to write our senators and representatives.
Old January 22nd 05, 04:33 PM
Baldin Pramer

richard schumacher wrote:

http://www.space.com/news/hubble_budget_050121.html

"WASHINGTON – The White House has eliminated funding for a mission to
service the Hubble Space Telescope from its 2006 budget
request and directed NASA to focus solely on de-orbiting the popular
spacecraft at the end of its life, according to government and industry
sources."

What did you expect?

Bush gets his 'science' from his Bible.

Time to write our senators and representatives.

and demand that *all* science come from the Bible!

--
Sir Baldin Pramer, R.P.A.
Old January 22nd 05, 08:59 PM
Eric Chomko

:
: "WASHINGTON – The White House has eliminated funding for a mission to
: service the Hubble Space Telescope from its 2006 budget
: request and directed NASA to focus solely on de-orbiting the popular
: spacecraft at the end of its life, according to government and industry
: sources."
:
: What did you expect?
:
: Bush gets his 'science' from his Bible.
:
:
: Time to write our senators and representatives.

: and demand that *all* science come from the Bible!

A wise woman once said: "The Bible is a fine book but so many others have
been written since then".

Eric

: --
: Sir Baldin Pramer, R.P.A.
Old January 22nd 05, 11:23 PM
Sander Vesik

Charles Buckley wrote:
http://www.space.com/news/hubble_budget_050121.html

"WASHINGTON ? The White House has eliminated funding for a mission to
service the Hubble Space Telescope from its 2006 budget request and
directed NASA to focus solely on de-orbiting the popular spacecraft at
the end of its life, according to government and industry sources."

Expect more such news in at leats both 2006 and 2007 bugets, even more so
if there is a second petty war in Middle East.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old January 23rd 05, 12:37 AM
Christopher M. Jones

Sander Vesik wrote:
Expect more such news in at leats both 2006 and 2007 bugets, even more so
if there is a second petty war in Middle East.

NASA's budget is increasing, it's very hard to lay the blame
of this on the war. Unless, of course, you prefer to lay the
blame of everything on the war, and the blame of the war on
Bush.

"Argh! Runny eggs again! Stupid war! fist pumping toward
the sky DAMN YOU BUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!"
Old January 23rd 05, 05:24 PM

So how many Hubbles, how many missions (perhaps even manned) to Mars
could be paid for with the billions we've spent on our "mission" in the
Middle East?

Lew

Old January 23rd 05, 08:00 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

wrote in message
oups.com...
So how many Hubbles, how many missions (perhaps even manned) to Mars
could be paid for with the billions we've spent on our "mission" in the
Middle East?

None.

It's ultimately a matter of political will. If enough folks really wanted a
manned mission to Mars, the money would have been found.

Lew