Help: Contact number for Astra Image software supplier - Phone Number(Homepage) Not current

Old November 1st 04, 06:23 AM
Sun Yang

Default Help: Contact number for Astra Image software supplier - Phone Number(Homepage) Not current

Dear ASTRO GURUS;

I wish I'd posted to a proper newsgroup.

I was quite interested in the astro-image software, Astra Image Max,
and have placed an purchase order through the secure HomePage of the
Astra, almost ten days before.

I still did not get any License code for the software yet.

I made a international phone to their office number, shown on the home
page of Astra, 61-3-9735-2270, which was responded some other
gentleman.

Hope to get a current number.

I appreciate your help in this regard.

Jong
Old November 1st 04, 11:01 AM
Eddie Trimarchi

I wish I'd posted to a proper newsgroup.

Meaning?

I made a international phone to their office number, shown on the home
page of Astra, 61-3-9735-2270, which was responded some other
gentleman.

I had a look in the Australian Yellow pages and that company is not listed.

--

Regards,

Eddie Trimarchi
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.astroshed.com
http://www.fitsplug.com

m...

Old November 3rd 04, 10:03 AM
Sun Yang

"Eddie Trimarchi" wrote in message ...

Thank you so much. The number on the active hompage of the Astra Image
2.0(www.astraimage.com.au) shown must have been changed/disconneted.

I wish I'd posted to a proper newsgroup.

Meaning?

Well, since I am a newbie to this group, I am not quite sure whether I
have posted to an appropriate newsgroup or not. If not, please ignore
my posting.

I don't want to regard this mishap as some sort of credit card
fraud-related system or software company.

Thank you so much again.

Old November 3rd 04, 10:28 PM
Eddie Trimarchi

Whatever has happened, I don't think you have been deliberately ripped off.

Astra Image is endorsed on the STSCI pages and is all over the web on
reputable sites. The one thing I noticed that was a bit sad was the large
number of crack sites that contained cracks for it (from a simple Google
search). This is usually unheard-of for astro-specific software and it's
certainly not good for the sustainability of the software authors business !

The site does highlight a new upcoming release version and the site was
updated this year so it doesn't look like they've gone bust.

I wish I had some good advice for you but with an incorrect telephone
contact number and no response to emails, it's quite difficult to do
anything but wait.
--

Regards,

Eddie Trimarchi