Am I crazy?

Old December 8th 03, 04:09 PM
Al

Default Am I crazy?

A couple of weeks ago, we had brutal bone chilling winds and I took
out my 2 month old dob (my first telescope) to find C/2002 T7 LINEAR
and to have a look at three of the gas giants. This weekend, despite
being pounded with wind and snow, I brought my five year old to a
local park (ours were the only footprints in the snow) to get a naked
eye look at Mercury just after sunset. I find myself constantly
looking at weather forecasts (only care about night time), reading
astronomy sites and forums, and am starting to think seriously about
cutting down some trees in my backyard. Am I starting to lose it??

Al
Old December 8th 03, 04:12 PM
username

"Al" wrote in message
om...
A couple of weeks ago, we had brutal bone chilling winds and I took
out my 2 month old dob (my first telescope) to find C/2002 T7 LINEAR
and to have a look at three of the gas giants. This weekend, despite
being pounded with wind and snow, I brought my five year old to a
local park (ours were the only footprints in the snow) to get a naked
eye look at Mercury just after sunset. I find myself constantly
looking at weather forecasts (only care about night time), reading
astronomy sites and forums, and am starting to think seriously about
cutting down some trees in my backyard. Am I starting to lose it??

I do not know, but if you do, so did I , as I recognize the symptoms :-)

Old December 8th 03, 04:41 PM
Roger Hamlett

"Al" wrote in message
om...
A couple of weeks ago, we had brutal bone chilling winds and I took
out my 2 month old dob (my first telescope) to find C/2002 T7 LINEAR
and to have a look at three of the gas giants. This weekend, despite
being pounded with wind and snow, I brought my five year old to a
local park (ours were the only footprints in the snow) to get a naked
eye look at Mercury just after sunset. I find myself constantly
looking at weather forecasts (only care about night time), reading
astronomy sites and forums, and am starting to think seriously about
cutting down some trees in my backyard. Am I starting to lose it??

You'll know you have really 'lost it', when you find yourself shooting out
street lights, and sneaking into your neighbors gardens to cut down their
trees, and external lights...
I'm afraid the condition is as far as I know untreatable, but rarely
terminal.

Best Wishes

Old December 8th 03, 04:41 PM
Henry

"Al" wrote in message
om...

Am I starting to lose it??

No, you are just becoming an astronomer - welcome to the world.

Old December 8th 03, 04:49 PM
Indianaradio

Yes your crazy but we've been trying to keep it from you.
Quick somebody hide the chain saw.

BUT it would be nice to have no trees at night wouldn't it?

Old December 8th 03, 04:54 PM
Tom

"Al" wrote:

Al astronomy sites and forums, and am starting to think seriously about
Al cutting down some trees in my backyard. Am I starting to lose it??

No, that's perfectly normal. But when you order a wrecking ball to knock
down the apartment block opposite so that you can see M42, you may
have to revisit your therapist.

Old December 8th 03, 05:06 PM
Starlord

No, your not starting to lose it, you've already lost it! and when you get
weatherbug on your computer so that you can keep track on all weather while
online, ( like I have ) then you've crossed the line!

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"Al" wrote in message
om...
A couple of weeks ago, we had brutal bone chilling winds and I took

---

Old December 8th 03, 05:56 PM
Mark

We could start a A.A. Meeting for it.
Armature Astronomers (grin)

om...

Old December 8th 03, 06:17 PM
Jon Isaacs

Am I starting to lose it??

Al

Lose it? You found it...

Have you mentioned to your wife you plans to move to Arizona or New Mexico
yet??

Jon