ASTRO: Propeller DWB 111

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 1st 08, 08:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: Propeller DWB 111

First I'd like to mention that I have difficulties posting replies to other
images as my newsserver has not shown any new pictures in this group for
almost a month. My posts through spacebanter.com have only occasionally
reached other servers. I hope my ISP gets everything running again...
Until then I'll post replies through spacebanter. Now let's see if my
newsserver at least manages to post my own images:

Richard's fine picture of the propeller nebula reminded me that I have not
imaged it myself. Unfortunately I lost focus somewhere in the middle of the
series, but had to use all pictures to get a usable signal/noise ratio.
Deconvolution in CCDsharp and resizing to 75% makes the image look more
acceptable.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 10" Meade ARC at f/5.7 on a G11
mount, SXV-H9 camera, 45x5 minutes through an Astronomik 13nm Halpha filter,
5 minutes each for RGB (with the red channel being a 50/50 mix of 5 minutes
red and the Halpha image)

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/dwb111P...rcolourgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dwb111Propellercolourgut.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	2160

ASTRO: Propeller nebula Richard Crisp[_1_] Astro Pictures 2 August 9th 08 03:10 PM
ASTRO: 4 h 20 min Halpha in the Propeller Nebula (dwb111) Richard Crisp[_1_] Astro Pictures 2 August 3rd 08 06:35 PM
booster propeller meiza Technology 3 December 22nd 05 09:21 AM
DWB-111 The Propeller Nebula Dennis Persyk CCD Imaging 0 October 1st 04 05:27 PM
DWB-111 The Propeller Nebula Dennis Persyk Misc 0 October 1st 04 05:17 PM