For God's sake!!

Old May 3rd 05, 05:36 PM
RichA

Default For God's sake!!

It's snowing! It's May 3rd and it's SNOWING!!!
Oh Earth Warmers.....
-Rich
Old May 3rd 05, 06:20 PM
William McHale

RichA wrote:
It's snowing! It's May 3rd and it's SNOWING!!!
Oh Earth Warmers.....

Its Global Warming

--
Bill

Old May 3rd 05, 06:27 PM
Ioannis

Ο "RichA" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

It's snowing! It's May 3rd and it's SNOWING!!!

The weather god must be angry.

Did you offer firstfruit and the weekly sacrifice to your sky god, wherever
you are?

You did? Then they must be servicing this 40" refractor near where you live.

Seriously, assuming you are in the States, that's not as bad, as, say, when
I was a student in Chicago. It was *June 2* when it snowed there once, I
think, some year between 1983-1990.

Oh Earth Warmers.....
-Rich

--
I. N. Galidakis
http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/jgal/

Old May 3rd 05, 06:54 PM

What makes you think that the snow is not a reflection of global
warming? Indeed snow along the southern edges of Canada and the
northern US while at the same time warmer temperatures along the
southern US and northern Mexico is exactly the signal you would expect
if there was global warming. Meteorologists have understood this for a
long time. The poles get colder and the equator gets warmer to restore
the radiation balance. The much colder than normal air from the poles
move south causing snow in the south, while the much warmer than normal
air from the equator goes north melting the polar ice cap. That's
straight from Meteorology for non-majors (MET-099)

As Alfred E Neuman from Mad Magazine used to say "What? me worry?" The
earth's energy balance will reach equilibrium again and the earth will
still be here. A more important question is will there be war between
those countries that have become uninhabitable and those that still are
inhabitable and will they use CBW?

Old May 4th 05, 12:02 AM
Pierre Vandevenne

starburst wrote in news:d58v93$6ab$1
@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

Down here it snowed in the Texas panhandle the other night. 5 inches. In
the southern US. Latitude 35N. Near northern Mexico. I'm sure that's
somehow because of global warming, too.

Looks more like divine punishment to me. Why hasn't Texas' school board
outlawed climatology yet?

--
Pierre Vandevenne - DataRescue sa/nv - www.datarescue.com
The IDA Pro Disassembler & Debugger - world leader in hostile code analysis
Old May 4th 05, 12:20 AM
starburst

Pierre Vandevenne wrote:
starburst wrote in news:d58v93$6ab$1
@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

Down here it snowed in the Texas panhandle the other night. 5 inches. In
the southern US. Latitude 35N. Near northern Mexico. I'm sure that's
somehow because of global warming, too.

Looks more like divine punishment to me. Why hasn't Texas' school board
outlawed climatology yet?

We're *working* on it. As Shakespeare said, "First thing we do, let's
kill all the weathermen." (Henry the Sixth, IV, ii)
Old May 4th 05, 02:34 AM
Shawn

Pierre Vandevenne wrote:
starburst wrote in news:d58v93$6ab$1
@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

Down here it snowed in the Texas panhandle the other night. 5 inches. In
the southern US. Latitude 35N. Near northern Mexico. I'm sure that's
somehow because of global warming, too.

Looks more like divine punishment to me. Why hasn't Texas' school board
outlawed climatology yet?

'Cause they're afraid someone will confuse it with cosmetology, and if'n
it was good enough for mama it's good enough fer her little sister daughter.