Ice Ages and interstellar hydrogen

Old January 4th 05, 03:02 PM
Angelo Campanella

Default Ice Ages and interstellar hydrogen

Hypothesis: On the basis that our sun is huge hydrogen (fusion)
furnace, the sun's brightness (temperature) and/or emissivity (albedo)
can be affected by the amount of molecular hydrogen that our sun draws
in from interstellar space. [I also consider that the fusion process is
maintained mainly on the sun surface and within a shallow crust; the
remainder of the sun mass being inert with a great thermal mass and
gravity that serve to hold the hydrogen matter in place for reaction and
to stabilize temperatures.]

Were a fresh H2 gas supply to be received, as via an H2 gas globule
intercepted on our journey trough our galaxy, this may increase the
fusion activity, the temperature and emission photons should increase,
and we should experience natural global warming.

On the other hand, were the fresh H2 to quench some activity, or
otherwise diminish the emissivity (albedo) the photon emission would
decrease, and ergo; an ice age ensues. Alternatively, if a dry spell
ensues where no H2 globules are received, an ice age eventually will
persist until the next H2 intercept.

H2 globules exist. Evidence of one possibly nearby, off off our
celestial equator toward a pole was found few years ago by observer Russ
Childers of our local radio astronomy activity (J Kraus's "big ear",
more later). Here an H2 cloud was identified by its 1.6 gHz "water hole"
emission, a few degrees across; especially identifiable was the +-
doppler shifts at the perimeter of the cloud as a result of its rotation.

Has anyone investigated this H2 influx effect on global warmings/ice ages?

Angelo Campanella

"Every day, we perform on the stage that we set yesterday." AJC.

Old January 4th 05, 03:14 PM
John Zinni

"Angelo Campanella" wrote in message
Hypothesis: On the basis that our sun is huge hydrogen (fusion)
furnace, the sun's brightness (temperature) and/or emissivity (albedo)
can be affected by the amount of molecular hydrogen that our sun draws
in from interstellar space. [I also consider that the fusion process is
maintained mainly on the sun surface and within a shallow crust; the
remainder of the sun mass being inert with a great thermal mass and
gravity that serve to hold the hydrogen matter in place for reaction and
to stabilize temperatures.]

You can make these assertions if you wish, but you will be very alone in
making them.

Old January 4th 05, 03:18 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Angelo Campanella" wrote in message
SNIP

I also consider that the fusion process is
maintained mainly on the sun surface and within a shallow crust; the
remainder of the sun mass being inert with a great thermal mass and
gravity that serve to hold the hydrogen matter in place for reaction and
to stabilize temperatures.

SNIP

Sorry Angelo, You obviously live in a different universe to the one we
inhabit so your theories will not apply here

Robin

Old January 4th 05, 03:23 PM
starlord

The Fusion process takes place in the sun's core not near or on the suface.
That is FACT.

--

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Old January 4th 05, 03:34 PM
Angelo Campanella

John Zinni wrote:
You can make these assertions if you wish, but you will be very alone in
making them.

Agreed that depth is required for fusion effect.

But what is the catalogued brightness (or whatever one terms it) vs time?

Angelo Campanella

Old January 4th 05, 04:42 PM
John Zinni

John Zinni wrote:
You can make these assertions if you wish, but you will be very alone in
making them.

Agreed that depth is required for fusion effect.

But what is the catalogued brightness (or whatever one terms it) vs time?

Who, exactly, do you believe was keeping records of solar luminosity during
the ice ages???

Angelo Campanella

Old January 4th 05, 04:44 PM
Fleetie

"Robin Leadbeater" wrote
Sorry Angelo, You obviously live in a different universe to the one we
inhabit so your theories will not apply here

Robin

Well he may (or may not) know anything about stars, but he is not a net.kook;
he is a well-respected contributor to alt.sci.physics.acoustics, and has been
for many years.

Martin
--
M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890
Manchester, U.K. http://www.fleetie.demon.co.uk

Old January 4th 05, 05:05 PM
Angelo Campanella

John Zinni wrote:
Who, exactly, do you believe was keeping records of solar luminosity during
the ice ages???

I suppose we have then to rely on estimates of annual temperatures.....
Wag the dog!

The only pragmatic question that may be answered is "what are the solar
radiation influx records extant", as miserably inaccurate as they may be
due to vagaries in 'atmospheric attenuation'.

Anyone care to volunteer?

Angelo Campanella

Old January 4th 05, 05:56 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Fleetie" wrote in message

Well he may (or may not) know anything about stars, but he is not a

net.kook;
he is a well-respected contributor to alt.sci.physics.acoustics, and has

been
for many years.

Quite possibly Martin but don't you find the increased amount of cr*p
leaking into this group from alt.sci.astro recently a tad irritating? Time
to retune the killfile I guess.

Robin

Old January 4th 05, 11:06 PM
Double-A

Angelo Campanella wrote:
[...]

How would the new H2 get to the Sun through the blast of the solar
wind?

Double-A