Valeev is by no means the worst offender

Old February 20th 09, 09:41 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Ian Parker

Default Valeev is by no means the worst offender

On 20 Feb, 18:56, Deirdre Sholto Douglas
wrote:

Lovely...does that mean you'll no longer be presenting
to an empty room?

I think the conclusion must be that sci.space.policy is totally
lacking in constructive ideas. This should have been obvious a lot
earlier.

All they seem to want to do is put panspermia from Eareth into
practice. Contamination on any manned expedition is a dead cert.

- Ian Parker
Old February 20th 09, 10:39 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

wrote:
:
: Lovely...does that mean you'll no longer be presenting
: to an empty room?
:
:
:I think the conclusion must be that sci.space.policy is totally
:lacking in constructive ideas. This should have been obvious a lot
:earlier.
:

No, I think the conclusion must be that the Artificial Stupidity
System (A.S.S.) known locally as 'Ian Parker' is too bloody thick to
have an idea, constructive or otherwise.

:
:All they seem to want to do is put panspermia from Eareth into
ractice. Contamination on any manned expedition is a dead cert.
:

As is contamination from any unmanned expedition, apparently.

Is this your latest 'cause', Ian? Given up on AI, von Neumann
machines, and all the rest of your usual claptrap to now claim manned
flight is bad because of possible contamination?

It goes without saying that you're a bloody moron.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old February 20th 09, 11:31 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Ian Parker wrote:

Contamination on any manned expedition is a dead cert.

Contamination by _what_?

Deirdre
Old February 21st 09, 12:40 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
kT

Ian Parker wrote:

Contamination on any manned expedition is a dead cert.

Contamination by _what_?

Zombies. Zombie stowaways are the worst.

Be sure to check all your flight lockers to make sure no zombies are
hiding in there, and check for any Al Queda operatives as well.

It's better to be safe than free, especially in space.
Old February 21st 09, 05:08 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Androcles[_8_]

Ian Parker wrote:

Contamination on any manned expedition is a dead cert.

Contamination by _what_?

Zombies. Zombie stowaways are the worst.

Be sure to check all your flight lockers to make sure no zombies are
hiding in there, and check for any Al Queda operatives as well.

It's better to be safe than free, especially in space.

I'd have thought people in space would want to stay locked up anyway.

Old February 21st 09, 01:07 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Ian Parker

On 20 Feb, 22:39, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:

:On 20 Feb, 18:56, Deirdre Sholto wrote:

:
[...]

Look, those are the areas NASA is now investigating. We have indeed
reached the end of the road. NASA will find you inceasiningly
irrelevant - and your girlfriend.

- Ian Parker
Old February 21st 09, 01:14 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Ian Parker

Ian Parker wrote:

Contamination on any manned expedition is a dead cert.

Contamination by _what_?

Zombies. Zombie stowaways are the worst.

Be sure to check all your flight lockers to make sure no zombies are
hiding in there, and check for any Al Queda operatives as well.

It's better to be safe than free, especially in space.

No I really meant the sort of bacteria that are ubiquious on Earth.
You would in fact feel ill if the fauna of your gut disappeared.
Indigestion is indeed a side effect of the oral adminisration of
antibiotics.

The richness of terresrial bateria means that considerable care needs
to be taken on a aseptic space surface. This is what I meant. Nothing
about Al-Qaeda.

What does astonish me how someone who seems so keen on psychology is
so ignorant about basic biology. Of course only a small number of the
bacteria in the room could survive on Mars. Enough though could
(remember too that these beasies evolve amazingly fast) to present a
real hazard.

- Ian Parker
Old February 21st 09, 03:25 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Ian Parker wrote:

Contamination on any manned expedition is a dead cert.

Contamination by _what_?

Zombies. Zombie stowaways are the worst.

Be sure to check all your flight lockers to make sure no zombies are
hiding in there, and check for any Al Queda operatives as well.

It's better to be safe than free, especially in space.

No I really meant the sort of bacteria that are ubiquious on Earth.
You would in fact feel ill if the fauna of your gut disappeared.
Indigestion is indeed a side effect of the oral adminisration of
antibiotics.

Ian, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt wrt to
physics, but it's quite clear you're an absolute _dolt_ in the
area of microbiology. You obviously know nothing about e-
donors, acceptors or shuttles and even less about bacterial
metabolism or proteomics.

Do yourself a flavor and shut up before you truly remove all
doubt as to your recto-cranial inversion.

Deirdre
Old February 21st 09, 04:05 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

: Ian Parker wrote:
:
: :On 20 Feb, 18:56, Deirdre Sholto wrote:
:
: :
[...]

But they're not. SOME of them are being looked at, but not as "We
have to have this to go on" things, as you insist they are.

:
:We have indeed reached the end of the road.
:

Well, thank Ghu! I assume that means you're going to now shut up and
slink away.

:
:NASA will find you inceasiningly irrelevant - and your girlfriend.
:

No, Ian. They'll just continue to ignore idiots like you.

You know, I posted some serious discussion in response to one of your
articles several days ago. That reply has been met by a deafening
silence on your part.

I think you stand revealed for what you are by that, A.S.S.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old February 21st 09, 04:08 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

: Ian Parker wrote:
:
[...]

Why? I seriously doubt we're going to be running about bare faced on
Mars, Ian.

:
:What does astonish me how someone who seems so keen on psychology is
:so ignorant about basic biology.
:

What astonishes me is that the only people with whom you seem capable
of actually holding a discussion are the known loons.

:
:Of course only a small number of the
:bacteria in the room could survive on Mars. Enough though could
remember too that these beasies evolve amazingly fast) to present a
:real hazard.
:

Poppycock.

only stupid."