Summer Skywatch READY

Old July 4th 04, 02:27 AM
Rod Mollise

Default Summer Skywatch READY

Yep, another everlovin' issue of your favorite FREE astronomy periodical is
ready for download!

This issue:

The feature article this time is Len Philpot's "Building a 14.5 inch Telekit."
This is a MUST-READ for dobbie fans.

Also on deck:

"The Buying and Selling of Stars" by Uncle Rod.

"Moon Filters" by Stu Forster.

"Getting Maximum Clearance with a Crayford with an NS11" by Matthias Bopp.

Apogee 12x60 bino review by Michael Portuesi.

"Limits are Made to be Broken" by Jack Kramer.

"NEAF Two Years Later" by Tom Duggan.

"The Art of Low-tech Imaging," amazing art by Anthony Sanchez and Sol Robbins.

"Space Weather" from the JPL gang.

PLENTY of stuff and nonsense.

All this astro-goodness for FREE?! Old Uncle Rod must be outta his mind. Yep.
Shore is. Just hope he never wises up!

What next? The big annual software review issue. If you're a developer of
software of an astro persuasion that you'd like to see reviewed in Skywatch,
get in touch with yer Unk Rod. I'm also soliciting reviews from users. I'm
doing the new Deepsky and RTGIUI, but hows about somebody else writin' up The
Sky 6, and some of the other new ones?

How the HECK do you get Skywatch?! Just go to
http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index8.html This is one big .pdf file, so give
it plenty of download time!

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old July 4th 04, 11:29 AM
Merl Turkin

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 01:27:55 +0000, Rod Mollise wrote:

[...]

Thanks Rod but ya think you should reduce the size of the Skywatch title
on the web site so it fits the page?

Old July 4th 04, 03:35 PM
Rod Mollise

Thanks Rod but ya think you should reduce the size of the Skywatch title
on the web site so it fits the page?

Hi:

If this is a problem, do what I do with .pdfs I access. Instead of opening it
in your browser, _right_ click and download the issue to your hard drive. When
it's done, open it with Adobe Acrobat. The later versions of Acrobat should
allow you to size it, etc., so you have have it just like you like.

Old July 5th 04, 01:03 AM
David Bratton

On 04 Jul 2004 01:27:55 GMT, (Rod Mollise) wrote:

[...]

I believe Merl is referring to this line in your web page source code
FONT COLOR="#ffff80"
BIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIBIGBIGBIGBIG BIGBIGSkywatch
/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/I/B/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/FONT

that's a lot of BIGs

Old July 5th 04, 02:24 AM
Merl Turkin

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:03:34 +0000, David Bratton wrote:

I believe Merl is referring to this line in your web page source code
FONT COLOR="#ffff80"
BIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIBIGBIGBIGBIG BIGBIGSkywatch
/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/I/B/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/BIG/FONT

that's a lot of BIGs

Yup. That's correct David.