Where to buy a high-end custom-made telescope?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 29th 03, 01:08 PM
Nathan Koren

Default Where to buy a high-end custom-made telescope?

Greetings,

In the course of my architecture practice, I have encountered a client
who wishes to built a personal observatory. Their budget for the
scope itself (nevermind the enclosure and sitework, et cetera) is
$750,000. This seems like an akward number to me -- a lot larger than
any definition of "amateur" that I'm familiar with, but a lot smaller
than any institutional observatory I've ever heard of. Nonetheless,
if you had $750,000 to blow on a telescope, to whom would you go?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Cheers,

Nathan Koren.

S.A.A Telescope Questionnaire - beta 1 Victor Amateur Astronomy 50 October 25th 03 06:56 AM
Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Awards $17.5 Million For Thirty-Meter Telescope Plans Ron Baalke Astronomy Misc 0 October 18th 03 01:08 AM
New Hubble Space Telescope Exhibit Opens At Goddard Ron Baalke Science 0 September 30th 03 11:07 PM
Old Caltech Telescope Yields New Titan Science Ron Baalke Amateur Astronomy 7 September 29th 03 12:12 AM
Old Caltech Telescope Yields New Titan Science Ron Baalke Science 0 September 23rd 03 05:50 AM