Using SkyMap with Windows XP

Old November 6th 04, 08:04 AM
Ronald Athey

Default Using SkyMap with Windows XP

Hello all,

I'm sure this has been posted before, so my apologies in advanve for that.

I've recently upgraded my system to Windows XP, and have had some struggles
getting it to co-operate with Rob Matson's fantastic SkyMap program.

Adding:

devicehigh=c:\windows\system32\ansi.sys

to my CONFIG.NT file got the menus working somewhat , but I'm still having
problems using the "All Satellite Search" function -- specifically with
SORT.EXE in the Skymap folder, but have no idea where to find this app.

Any suggestions with regard to this -- or anything else as far as using
SkyMap with XP?

Regards,
Ron

Old November 6th 04, 03:28 PM
Ted Molczan

"Ronald Athey" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm sure this has been posted before, so my apologies in advanve for that.

I've recently upgraded my system to Windows XP, and have had some
struggles
getting it to co-operate with Rob Matson's fantastic SkyMap program.

Adding:

devicehigh=c:\windows\system32\ansi.sys

to my CONFIG.NT file got the menus working somewhat , but I'm still
having
problems using the "All Satellite Search" function -- specifically with
called
SORT.EXE in the Skymap folder, but have no idea where to find this app.

Any suggestions with regard to this -- or anything else as far as using
SkyMap with XP?

It might be worth searching the archive of the SeeSat-L mailing list, where
this topic has been discussed in the past:

http://satobs.org/seesat/seesatindex.html#Arch

I suggest searching on the terms Skymap and XP. Before you hit the search
button, make sure to click the "Search www.satobs.org" option button.

If the archive does not contain the information you seek, you may wish to
post a message to the list. Information on how to subscribe is found he

http://satobs.org/seesat/seesatindex.html

Ted Molczan
Admin, SeeSat-L