The Boot Strapped Universe

Old September 2nd 04, 08:18 AM
Mad Scientist

Default The Boot Strapped Universe

The Eight-fold Way of the Universe
(Reprinted from: APEIRON, vol 4, no 4. October 1997)

1. Introduction.
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#1.Introduction

The Cosmology Connection
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#Cosmology

A Boot-Strapped Universe
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#Boot

2. Eight-fold Way of the Universe
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#2.EightFold

Attribute 1. Particles, laws, and the universe are an inter-dependent
trilogy
Attribute 2. Dimensions are a property of an ensemble of matter.
Attribute 3. Interacting particles must be aware of each other
Attribute 4. The accessible universe is limited by communication
Attribute 5. The Dimension of Time requires a cosmological clock
Attribute 6. Space has properties
Attribute 7. Mach's Principle
Attribute 8. The properties of space appear to underlie the properties
of matter and the laws of physics.

Using the Attributes http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#Using

The wave-structure of the electron
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#Using

Time, Communication, and the Boot-strap Universe
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#Time

3. Conclusions http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#3.Conclusion

A Self-contained Universe
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#References

Two Worlds Within our Universe
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#2Worlds

The Simple Electron http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#Simple

References and Further Reading
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/body_8f.html#References

Philosophers have often sought the origin of Natural laws in a
relationship between the microscopic world and the vast universe. Until
recently, before large telescopes and technology were capable of
deep-space investigation, there was no knowledge to support such
inquiries. But now asking relatively simple questions can provide
surprising answers!

This article asks: How are units of measure, time and length as elements
of the laws, communicated between particles? What distance scale do
particles use to communicate their location? Where is the universal
clock of time? What is the relation between laws, particles, and the
universe? Surprisingly, the answers to these questions reveal eight ways
of the Universe which demarcate: 1) the character of the laws, 2) the
structure of a particle, and 3) the role of the universe.

Using these ways, or attributes of behavior, it is concluded that: 1)
Particles must be a wave structure composed of advanced and retarded
quantum waves from an oscillator whose frequency is a property of an
ether-like medium. 2) The waves link all matter together to produce
Machian natural laws. 3) These quantum waves pervade the universe to an
extent previously only suspected. 4) The natural laws are a mathematical
result of the wave structure.

Milo Wolff
Technotran Press
1124 Third St.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266

1. Introduction.

In the last millennium, our knowledge of physics has progressed to
understanding that objects always obey fixed laws of nature :
conservation, inertia, electromagnetism, gravity, QM and relativity.
After carefully measuring and studying these laws in the past several
centuries, we can predict the behavior of most objects and direct the
flow of energy. Using these laws, we have devised sophisticated
technology to aid our survival on Earth: industrial machines, computers,
air and spacecraft, and mass production. But here our knowledge ended.
We lacked understanding of the origin of natural laws and their
relationship to cosmology.

Figure 1. Force laws. What mechanism finds the location of the
particles? How is the separation measured? What time scale is to be
used? The two particles know nothing of metric scales but nevertheless
move toward each other obeying the law. The mechanism of this law is a
basic puzzle of science.

We did not yet know where basic natural laws come from or even that it
was possible to find out. Some scientists believe, in a religious
fashion, that we are not allowed to know, that we must just accept the
laws given to us by Nature. Still others believe that the natural laws
are already complete and to obtain further understanding all we need do
is mathematically manipulate them to discover their origins.

But curious scientists have noticed that all is not well with the laws
of nature. In small ways they fail to predict. We are constantly
uncovering paradoxes in the realm of micro-particles. We don't
understand what a "photon" is or how "spin" can arise in a spherically
symmetric particle. In some distant galaxies, Newton's laws of gravity
and centrifugal momentum seem to go completely awry. Obviously there is
something more to learn about the laws, or the particles, or perhaps
both. It is the purpose of this article to show that a simple analysis
of the behavior and relationships between particles, the natural laws,
and the entire universe can help unravel the paradoxes and lead to an
understanding of the origins of natural laws.

Consider two particles in space, Figure 1. We know they will obey
natural laws interacting with each other. We also know that the laws
they follow involve the dimensions of time, length, and mass. Now a
curious question arises. How are measures of the dimensions established
and communicated between two particles? When two particles attract each
other, what agent or process measures the distance between them,
establishes the force, and informs or guides each particle to the vector
of acceleration it must undergo? We know this happens but we don't know
how or why.

There is a puzzle of distance measurement: What is the distance scale
used by the particles to measure their separation? If there were no
other matter present, distance or size would be meaningless since size
and distance are relativemeasures of an object. Further, every particle
must have access to the same distance scale, otherwise interactions
would be chaotic, not the orderly laws we observe obeyed by all
particles. Thus the distance scale and the laws which use it must depend
on other matter and/or its distribution.

The same puzzle applies to time. Every particle, however separated, has
to have access to the same clock in order to carry out its orderly rule
of law in the cosmos. Where is the universal clock? How is time
communicated among all particles? They cannot behave independently! In
passing, note that since we know E= hf = mc2, we only need to establish
one of the related units of time, frequency, mass, or energy. The other
three follow from this equation.

The Cosmology Connection

This perspective of cosmology begins by recognizing that: The mere
existence of a universe, particles in it and physical laws for the
particles, restricts their properties as follows: Without particles the
physical universe is undefined because our meaning of the physical
universe is a collection of particles or objects, and their
distribution. Accordingly, understanding our universe depends on
understanding the particles in it. Similarly, the natural laws could not
exist without particles because laws require particles or objects upon
which to operate. Consequently, laws are meaningless without particles.
The converse is also true; We cannot identify a particle and its
properties without the force laws to locate and measure it. Thus these
three: the universe, particles and laws are an inter-dependent trilogy.
You may examine this trilogy further by a peek at Figure 4 which
illustrates the conclusion of this article.

The charged particles, electron and proton, and the neutron, make up 99%
of the matter of the universe. In addition, the 1/r2 force influence of
charge extends throughout the universe. For these reasons, each electron
or charged particle is linked to the whole fabric of the cosmos. These
facts suggest there is an intimate connection between charged particles
and cosmology.

A Boot-Strapped Universe

Lacking knowledge of the distant universe, it is difficult to notice
that each particle is linked to all other particles in their universe.
However this was recognized by Ernst Mach 100 years ago to explain the
origin of Newton's law of inertia F = ma. He asserted: The laws of
inertia are established by all the matter of the universe. The
conclusions of this article indicate that not only was Mach correct but
his concept applies to other laws as well.

Mo
http://members.tripod.com/mwolff/8f.html
--
Usenet is filled with abusive and obsessive-compulsive-sociopathic personality disorder sufferers which makes it all the more easily ignored, dismissed and ridiculed.

Old September 2nd 04, 10:17 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Mad Scientist wrote:

The Eight-fold Way of the Universe
(Reprinted from: APEIRON, vol 4, no 4. October 1997)

nightbat

Interesting article but dead on arrival due to ether based.

the nightbat