NASA Publications Online (V. long)

Old June 27th 04, 10:42 PM
Andrew Gray

Default NASA Publications Online (V. long)

Hey all.

For one reason and another I was collaring a list of NASA publications
online - I can never seem to find the index page when I want it, and
even then the contents seem to be scattered hither and thither. So,
here's a list as they currently stand.

I think I have everything with an SP- or EP- number, and a couple of
others, but there's a good few more needing put in (the un-numbered
reports, the Monographs on Aerospace History, the various JPL &c
publications...)

[This is being posted as much so's a copys dumped in a searchable record
as anything, since NASA have been known to redesign sites at short
notice...)

Results of the Second Manned Suborbital Space Flight, July 21, 1961
(NASA, 1961)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...MR-4/cover.htm

Results of the Second U.S. Manned Orbital Space Flight
(NASA SP-6, 1962)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...SP-6/cover.htm

Results of the Third U.S. Manned Orbital Space Flight
(NASA SP-12, 1962)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...p-12/cover.htm

NASA Office of Defense Affairs: The First Five Years
(HHR-32, 1970)
http://history.nasa.gov/HHR-32/HHR-32.htm

Mercury Project Summary including Results of the Fourth Manned Orbital
Flight
(NASA SP-45, 1963)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...P-45/cover.htm

X-15 Research Results With a Selected Bibliography
(NASA SP-60, 1965)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...-60/cover.html

Apollo 13 "Houston, we've got a problem."
(NASA EP-76, 1970)
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/er/seh/apollo13.pdf

On the Moon with Apollo 16: A Guidebook to the Descartes Region
(NASA EP-95, 1972)
http://history.nasa.gov/EP-95/ep95.htm

Skylab: A Guidebook
(NASA EP-107, 1973)
http://history.nasa.gov/EP-107/ep107.htm

Science in Orbit: The Shuttle & Spacelab Experience: 1981-1986
(NASA NP-119, 1988)
http://history.nasa.gov/NP-119/NP-119.htm

Why Man Explores
(NASA EP-125, 1976)
http://history.nasa.gov/EP-125/ep125.htm

Spacelab: An International Short-Stay Orbiting Laboratory
(NASA EP-165)
http://history.nasa.gov/EP-165/ep165.htm

Exploring Space with a Camera
(NASA SP-168, 1968)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-168/sp168.htm

A Meeting with the Universe: Science Discoveries from the Space Program
(NASA EP-177, 1981)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...177/cover.html

Aerospace Food Technology
(NASA SP-202, 1969)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-202/sp202.htm

Lunar Orbiter Photographic Atlas of the Moon
(NASA SP-206, 1971)
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/research/lunar_orbiter/

What Made Apollo a Success?
(NASA SP-287, 1971)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-287/sp287.htm

Evolution of the Solar System
(NASA SP-345, 1976)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-345/sp345.htm

Pioneer Odyssey
(NASA SP-349/396, revised edition, 1977)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-349/sp349.htm

Apollo Expeditions to the Moon
(NASA SP-350, 1975)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...350/cover.html

Apollo Over the Moon: A View From Orbit
(NASA SP-362, 1978)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...-362/cover.htm

Introduction to the Aerodynamics of Flight
(NASA SP-367, 1975)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-367/cover367.htm

Biomedical Results of Apollo
(NASA SP-368, 1975)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-368/sp368.htm

Skylab: Our First Space Station
(NASA SP-400, 1977)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-400/sp400.htm

Skylab, Classroom in Space
(NASA SP-401, 1977)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-401/sp401.htm

A New Sun: Solar Results from Skylab
(NASA SP-402, 1979)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-402/sp402.htm

Skylab's Astronomy and Space Sciences
(NASA SP-404, 1979)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-404/sp404.htm

The Space Shuttle
(NASA SP-407, 1976)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-407/sp407.htm

The Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence
(NASA SP-419, 1977)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-419/sp419.htm

Atlas of Mercury
(NASA SP-423, 1978)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-423/sp423.htm

The Voyage of Mariner 10: Mission to Venus and Mercury
(NASA SP-424, 1978)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-424/sp424.htm

The Martian Landscape
(NASA SP-425, 1978)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-425/cover.htm

The Space Shuttle at Work
(NASA SP-432/EP-156 1979)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-432/sp432.htm

Project Orion: A Design Study of a System for Detecting Extrasolar
Planets
(NASA SP-436, 1980)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-436/sp436.htm

Wind Tunnels of NASA
(NASA SP-440, 1981)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...-440/cover.htm

Viking Orbiter Views of Mars
(NASA SP-441, 1980)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-441/cover.htm

The High Speed Frontier: Case Histories of Four NACA Programs, 1920-1950
(NASA SP-445, 1980)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...-445/cover.htm

The Star Splitters: The High Energy Astronomy Observatories
(NASA SP-466, 1984)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-466/sp466.htm

Planetary Geology in the 1980's
(NASA SP-467, 1985)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-467/sp467.htm

Quest for Performance: The Evolution of Modern Aircraft
(NASA SP-468,1985)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...-468/cover.htm

The Long Duration Exposure Facility (LDEF): Mission 1 Experiments
(SP-473, 1984)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-473/sp473.htm

Voyager 1 and 2 Atlas of Six Saturnian Satellites
(NASA SP-474, 1984)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-474/sp474.htm

Far Travellers - The Exploring Machines
(NASA SP-480, 1985)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-480/sp480.htm

The Impact of Science on Society
(NASA SP-482, 9185)
http://history.nasa.gov/sp482.pdf

Space Shuttle Avionics System
(NASA SP-504, 1989)
http://www.klabs.org/DEI/Processor/s...504/sp-504.htm

Life Into Space: Space Life Sciences Research, Volumes I and II,
1965-1998
(NASA SP-534, 1995, 2000)
http://lifesci.arc.nasa.gov/lis_home/

Flight Research at Ames, 1940-1997
(NASA SP-3300, 1998)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-3300/sp3300.htm

Destination Moon: A History of the Lunar Orbiter Program
(NASA TM-3487, 1977)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...M-3487/top.htm

Project Mercury: A Chronology
(NASA SP-4001, 1963)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4001/cover.htm

Project Gemini Technology and Operations: A Chronology
(NASA SP-4002, 1968)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4002/cover.htm

Space Medicine in Project Mercury.
(NASA SP-4003, 1965)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4003/cover.htm

The Apollo Spacecraft Chronology, Vol. I - IV
(NASA SP-4009, 1969-78)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4009/cover.htm

Skylab: A Chronology
(NASA SP-4011, 1977)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4011/cover.htm

NASA Historical Data Books
(NASA SP-4012)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4012/cover.html [nb - only vols 3-6 online]

The Problem of Space Travel: The Rocket Motor by Hermann Noordung, 1929
(NASA SP-4026, translation, 1995)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...026/cover.html

Apollo By The Numbers: A Statistical Reference
(NASA SP-2000-4029, 2000)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4029/SP-4029.htm

Managing NASA in the Apollo Era
(NASA SP-4102, 1982)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4102/sp4102.htm

Model Research: The National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics,
1915-1958
(NASA SP-4103, 1985)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4103/sp4103.htm

NASA Engineers and the Age of Apollo
(NASA SP-4104, 1992)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4104/sp4104.htm

Looking Backward, Looking Forward: Forty Years of Human Spaceflight
Symposium
(NASA SP-2002-4107)
http://history.nasa.gov/sp4107.pdf

This New Ocean: A History of Project Mercury
(NASA SP-4201, 1966, reprinted 1999)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4201/cover.htm

Vanguard: A History
(NASA SP-4202, 1970)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4202/cover.htm
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...utnik/TOC.html

On the Shoulders of Titans: A History of Project Gemini
(NASA SP-4203, 1977)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4203/cover.htm

Moonport: A History of Apollo Launch Facilities and Operations
(NASA SP-4204, 1978)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...204/cover.html

Chariots for Apollo: A History of Manned Lunar Spacecraft
(NASA SP-4205, 1979)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...205/cover.html

Stages to Saturn: A Technological History of the Apollo/Saturn Launch
Vehicles
(NASA SP-4206, 1996)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4206/sp4206.htm

Living and Working in Space: A History of Skylab
(NASA SP-4208, 1983)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4208/sp4208.htm

The Partnership: A History of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project
(NASA SP-4209, 1978)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4209/cover.htm

Lunar Impact: A History of Project Ranger
(NASA SP-4210, 1977)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4210/pages/Cover.htm

Beyond the Atmosphe Early Years of Space Science
(NASA SP-4211, 1980)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4211/cover.htm

On Mars: Exploration of the Red Planet 1958-1978
(NASA SP-4212, 1984)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4212/on-mars.html

The Human Factor: Biomedicine in the Manned Space Program to 1980
(NASA SP-4213, 1985)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4213/sp4213.htm

Where No Man Has Gone Befo A History of Apollo Lunar Exploration
Missions
(NASA SP-4214, 1989)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4214/cover.html

First Among Equals: The Selection of NASA Space Science Experiments
(NASA SP-4215, 1991)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...5/titlepg.html

Airborne Trailblazer: Two Decades with NASA Langley's 737 Flying
Laboratory
(NASA SP-4216, 1994)
http://oea.larc.nasa.gov/trailblazer/SP-4216/toc.html

Beyond the Ionosphe Fifty Years of Satellite Communications
(NASA SP-4217, 1997)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4217/sp4217.htm

From Engineering Science to Big Science: The NACA and NASA Collier
Trophy Research Project Winners
(NASA SP-4219, 1998)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4219/Cover4219.htm

The Space Shuttle Decision: NASA's Search for a Reusable Space Vehicle
(NASA SP-4221, 1999)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4221/sp4221.htm

Toward Mach 2: The Douglas D-558 Program
(NASA SP-4222, 1999)
http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/History/Pub.../PDF/D-558.pdf

Computers Take Flight: A History of NASA's Pioneering Digital
Fly-By-Wire Project
(NASA SP-4224, 2000)
http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/History/Pub...s/PDF/DFBW.pdf

Uplink-Downlink: A History of the Deep Space Network, 1957-1997
(NASA SP-2001-4227)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4227/Uplink-Downlink.pdf

Adventures in Research: A History of Ames Research Center, 1940-1965
(NASA SP-4302, 1970)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4302/sp4302.htm

Searching the Horizon: A History of Ames Research Center, 1940-1976
(NASA SP-4304, 1985)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4304/sp4304.htm

Engineer in Charge: A History of the Langley Aeronautical
Laboratory,1917-1958
(NASA SP-4305, 1987)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4305/sp4305.htm

Engines and Innovation: Lewis Laboratory and American Propulsion
Technology
(NASA SP-4306, 1991)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4306/sp4306.htm

"Suddenly Tomorrow Came...": A History of the Johnson Space Center,
1957-1990
(NASA SP-4307, 1993)
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/history/sudd...w/suddenly.htm

Spaceflight Revolution: NASA Langley Research Center from Sputnik to
Apollo
(NASA SP-4308, 1995)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4308/sp4308.htm

Flights of Discovery: An Illustrated History of the Dryden Flight
Research Center
(NASA SP-4309, 1996)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4308/sp4308.htm

Power to Explo A History of Marshall Space Flight Center, 1960-1990
(NASA SP-4313, 1999)
http://history.msfc.nasa.gov/book/bookcover.html

Atmosphere of Freedom: Sixty years at the NASA Ames Research Center
(NASA SP-2000-4314, 2000)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4314/sp4314.htm

NASA Sounding Rockets, 1958-1968: A Historical Summary
(NASA SP-4401, 1971)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4401/sp4401.htm

Origins of NASA Names
(NASA SP-4402, 1976)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4402/SP-4402.htm

Liquid Hydrogen as a Propulsion Fuel, 1945-1959
(NASA SP-4404, 1978)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4404/cover.htm

Orders of Magnitude: A History of the NACA and NASA, 1915-1990
(NASA SP-4406, 1989)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...406/cover.html

Exploring the Unknown: Selected Documents in the History of the U.S.
Civil Space Program,Volume IV, Accessing Space.
(NASA SP-4407, 1999)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4407/vol4/cover.pdf [nb - only one volume of
five]

Exploring the Unknown: Selected Documents in the History of the U.S.
Civil Space Program,Volume V, Exploring the Cosmos
(NASA SP-4407, 1999)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4407/vol5/ExploreUnknown.pdf [nb - only one
volume of five]

Unmanned Space Project Management: Surveyor and Lunar Orbiter
(NASA SP-4901, 1972)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4901/table.htm

The Planetary Quarantine Program - Origins and Achievements, 1956-1973
(NASA SP-4902, 1974)
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4902/sp4902.htm

Spaceborne Digital Computer Systems
(NASA SP-8070, 1971)
http://klabs.org/history/history_doc...70/sp-8070.htm

--
-Andrew Gray

Old June 27th 04, 11:12 PM
OM

On 27 Jun 2004 21:42:50 GMT, Andrew Gray
wrote:

For one reason and another I was collaring a list of NASA publications
online - I can never seem to find the index page when I want it, and
even then the contents seem to be scattered hither and thither. So,
here's a list as they currently stand.

....Congrats, Andrew. Not only did you beat me to my plans next week
for compiling such a list, you also came up with enough links to
provide enough valid reading material to equal the time it would
require to fully read every article on Mark Wade's site.

Of course, since we're going to require all newbies to read every one
of those monographs *before* being allowed to post, there's going to
be a lot of newbies cursing your name until they die midway through
completing the list...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 27th 04, 11:39 PM
Darren J Longhorn

wrote:

Hey all.

For one reason and another I was collaring a list of NASA publications
online - I can never seem to find the index page when I want it, and
even then the contents seem to be scattered hither and thither. So,
here's a list as they currently stand.

I think I have everything with an SP- or EP- number, and a couple of
others, but there's a good few more needing put in (the un-numbered
reports, the Monographs on Aerospace History, the various JPL &c
publications...)

[This is being posted as much so's a copys dumped in a searchable record
as anything, since NASA have been known to redesign sites at short
notice...)

snip

This post is a keeper. Thanks!

Old June 28th 04, 07:30 PM
Vincent D. DeSimone

For one reason and another I was collaring a list of NASA publications
online - I can never seem to find the index page when I want it, and
even then the contents seem to be scattered hither and thither. So,
here's a list as they currently stand.

Bless you!

hq,nasa.gov is _so_ convoluted (Their index is incomplete and inaccurate, at
best.) that it's hard to find what you're looking for. A list like this is
long, long overdue.

Old June 28th 04, 10:24 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-06-28, rk wrote:

Did you have this page bookmarked?

http://history.nasa.gov/on-line.html

In my infinite wisdom, I keep bookmarking these and then changing
browser, or any one of a thousand other Really Silly Ways To Lose Data.
(I still have a couple of years of bookmarks in Opera to export from the
old machine, must get it back off t'sibling).

I think I found http://history.nasa.gov/series95.html was a little more
useful for compiling much of the list, though I think there's some
pieces on one and not the other (and I *think* there may have been one
or two not on either list - I started compiling from other sources).
But, you know, once it's there I may as well do something with it ;-)

Incidentally, http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/hqlibr...ks/nasadoc.htm
also looks liable to be interesting (I've just stumbled across it)

--
-Andrew Gray