Blood Moon fotos

Old January 21st 19, 09:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default Blood Moon fotos

Very nice pictures!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46943592
Old January 22nd 19, 02:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC-8, StarDust wrote:
Very nice pictures!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46943592

Nice, yes, but still a long way from 'live' observing. No picture that I have ever seen can show the dramatic "3D" effect that often happens during total lunar eclipses. It is one of the most stunning things I have ever seen in the sky. The moon can look just like a big basketball floating up there :)

\Paul A
Old January 22nd 19, 04:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5:58:32 PM UTC-8, palsing wrote:
On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC-8, StarDust wrote:
Very nice pictures!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46943592

Nice, yes, but still a long way from 'live' observing. No picture that I have ever seen can show the dramatic "3D" effect that often happens during total lunar eclipses. It is one of the most stunning things I have ever seen in the sky. The moon can look just like a big basketball floating up there :)

\Paul A

You're right, but when the the rain pouring during the event, no other option there!
Old January 22nd 19, 04:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 7:12:42 PM UTC-8, StarDust wrote:
On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5:58:32 PM UTC-8, palsing wrote:
On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC-8, StarDust wrote:
Very nice pictures!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46943592

Nice, yes, but still a long way from 'live' observing. No picture that I have ever seen can show the dramatic "3D" effect that often happens during total lunar eclipses. It is one of the most stunning things I have ever seen in the sky. The moon can look just like a big basketball floating up there :)

\Paul A

You're right, but when the the rain pouring during the event, no other option there!

I didn't get to see this one, either. Clouded out from start to finish...
Old January 23rd 19, 05:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown[_3_]

On 21/01/2019 20:46, StarDust wrote:
Very nice pictures!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46943592

This one is quite fun they captured a meteor impact flash during the
total eclipse.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techan...qjf?ocid=ientp

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Blood Moon! Double-A[_4_] Misc 0 January 31st 18 12:29 AM
Numerous Blood Vessels On the Moon Wretch Fossil Policy 0 May 3rd 12 02:12 PM
The Moon Turned Blood Red nightbat[_1_] Misc 1 December 22nd 10 04:04 PM
Calender for the Blood Red Moon American Policy 31 May 21st 08 05:22 PM