Are Failed Stars More Common Than Stars

Old January 6th 19, 09:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Are Failed Stars More Common Than Stars

Gas planets like Jupiter are what I'm thinking.Rock planets the size of Earth are rare everywhere in the universe. I have reason for this idea Bert
Old January 6th 19, 09:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:08:29 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Gas planets like Jupiter are what I'm thinking.Rock planets the size of Earth are rare everywhere in the universe. I have reason for this idea Bert

I think small planets like Earth were originally gas planets too. But being so close to the Sun, early solar flare-ups blew off most of the gas.

Double-A

Old January 6th 19, 10:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 3:31:00 PM UTC-6, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:08:29 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Gas planets like Jupiter are what I'm thinking.Rock planets the size of Earth are rare everywhere in the universe. I have reason for this idea Bert

I think small planets like Earth were originally gas planets too. But being so close to the Sun, early solar flare-ups blew off most of the gas.

Double-A

The whole universe came from hydrogen.
Old January 7th 19, 03:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:31:00 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:08:29 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Gas planets like Jupiter are what I'm thinking.Rock planets the size of Earth are rare everywhere in the universe. I have reason for this idea Bert

I think small planets like Earth were originally gas planets too. But being so close to the Sun, early solar flare-ups blew off most of the gas.

Double-A

Failed planets are almost certainly more common than stars... but Jupiter probably shouldn't be considered among them, see this page...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...d-people-call/

.... where you will learn why I said that and why brown dwarfs are more properly called 'failed stars'.

Isn't it fun to learn new stuff? Never stop learning...
Old January 7th 19, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:01:41 PM UTC-8, palsing wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:31:00 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:08:29 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Gas planets like Jupiter are what I'm thinking.Rock planets the size of Earth are rare everywhere in the universe. I have reason for this idea Bert

I think small planets like Earth were originally gas planets too. But being so close to the Sun, early solar flare-ups blew off most of the gas.

Double-A

Failed planets are almost certainly more common than stars... but Jupiter probably shouldn't be considered among them, see this page...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...d-people-call/

... where you will learn why I said that and why brown dwarfs are more properly called 'failed stars'.

Isn't it fun to learn new stuff? Never stop learning...

Thinking new stuff keeps me alive.I can hear myself and a good thought.Bert
Old January 7th 19, 09:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 2:47:14 PM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 3:31:00 PM UTC-6, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:08:29 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Gas planets like Jupiter are what I'm thinking.Rock planets the size of Earth are rare everywhere in the universe. I have reason for this idea Bert

I think small planets like Earth were originally gas planets too. But being so close to the Sun, early solar flare-ups blew off most of the gas.

Double-A

The whole universe came from hydrogen.

Helium was also present in even the earliest epoch of the universe.

Double-A

Old January 7th 19, 09:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

[...]

Classifying objects a "failed" somethings is so judgemental of you! Everything is what it is.

Double-A