Failed Stars ????

Old December 3rd 04, 03:04 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Failed Stars ????

We have a failed star in our solar system. I is the very large gas
planet Jupiter.It has the right stuff but not enough of it.Its core
can't create fusion,and yet it radiates our more energy than it receives
from the sun.Still a little larger and Jupiter could be a star. This
is not the reason for posting this Google stuff. My thoughts go further
out. I have questions about stars forming from those huge gas clouds
"like" Are there failed stars in these clouds? Could
billions and billions only reach(evolve) to a stage of "brown dwarfs?
Is more to the gravitation center of the nebular the best place for star
formation?(I would think so) I would think the center being more
dense(more particles) that would be the spot to find super-nova
stars,and that means black holes.. Best reason I can come up with for
the center of galaxies having a black hole. Good reason using failed
stars as part of the dark missing matter of the universe. Bert

Old December 3rd 04, 04:09 PM
John Zinni

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
We have a failed star in our solar system. I is the very large gas
planet Jupiter.

"Jupiter is not a failed star
While Jupiter resembles the Sun in composition, it is not a "failed star" as
sometimes suggested:
- 80 times smaller than the smallest stars
- Formed first from a rocky "seed" core that gathered hydrogen, helium, and
volatiles from the surrounding proto-solar nebula.
- Inner core is solid (rock & ice)"
http://www-astronomy.mps.ohio-state....6/jupiter.html

"So: Jupiter is *not* a BD; it formed like a planet, in the disk around the
Sun."
http://www.badastronomy.com/bitesize/bd.html

Old December 4th 04, 02:12 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

JohnZ We have to keep in mind Jupiter core is very hot. It has a strong
gravity field. I can see these two features creating heat to its inner
moons,that can be thought of as its planetary system. Possibly its
gravity can break the ice,and keep the water moving under the ice,and
motion creates heat. Moving liquid water sounds good to me. We were
shown how strong its gravity is by the way it broke up the
Levy-Shoemaker comet. Here is a question for you JohnZ Can Jupiter
out last the sun? Bert

Old December 4th 04, 04:32 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A What I meant by Jupiter outlasting the sun I meant its size
structure and now days features. The sun we know will only last another
5 billion years. I'm hoping Jupiter might be far enough out not to be
engulfed by its death expansion. That way humankind can move to one or
two of its moons,and with its great technology create fusion in
Jupiter's core. It could be the first man made star. Who knows Double-A
we might be reborn into that spacetime(our DNA lives on) I would elect
you to be the one to throw the switch to turn Jupiter's visible light
on. Bert

Old December 4th 04, 08:47 PM
John Zinni

"Double-A" wrote in message
om...

What is your definition of a star?

"A gravitationally bound ball of mostly hydrogen and helium gas which is
self-luminous from internal nuclear fusion reactions."
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/Star.html

"A celestial object that generates energy by means of nuclear fusion at its
core."
http://nedwww.ipac.caltech.edu/level...lossary_S.html

"A famous actor."
http://us.imdb.com/Glossary/S#star

Old December 4th 04, 11:21 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double A The answer is yes,but 5 billion years from now the answer
could be no. Spacetimes now and then in that far distance has its own
reality. Ber