Hillary Clinton Declares War on Space Exploration

Old November 3rd 07, 01:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy
rhw007

Default Hillary Clinton Declares War on Space Exploration

I can only go by my PERSONAL interactions with Sen Clinton about
"space issues":

http://commonsensecentral.net/csc_20...visits_ccc.htm

I and many others were VERY satisfied with level of her interest and
results. period.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Don't make promises and policies you don't intend to keep and to keep
the policies and promises you do make.

ACTIONS speak louder than words.
ACTIONS are PROOF of intent.
ACTIONS are the final judgment of character.

It REALLY is that simple.

Bob...
http://www.commonsensecentral.net

Old November 3rd 07, 02:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Nov 2, 7:12 am, "Mark R. Whittington"
wrote:
Recently, Senator Hillary Clinton revealed her science agenda. Of
great interest to people involved in making and debating space policy
were the three bullets concerning the space program. To be brief and
to the point, Hillary's agenda would be terrible news for anyone who
supports space exploration and space commerce.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._clinton_decla...

"Travel to the Moon or Mars 'excites people,' she said, 'but I am
more
focused on nearer-term goals I think are achievable.'"

I 100+% agree, that for example the moon's surface is actually a worse
off investment than Mars for the moment, and of humans on Mars is
simply entirely out of the question, although China and India may
accomplish the first LSE-CM/ISS prototype that'll at least make our
physically dark and naked anticathode moon's surface a whole lot more
affordably accessible in the near future.
- Brad Guth -

Old November 3rd 07, 01:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy
American

On Nov 2, 9:24 pm, rhw007 wrote:

:: I can only go by my PERSONAL interactions with Sen
:: Clinton about "space issues":
:: http://commonsensecentral.net/csc_20...visits_ccc.htm
:: I and many others were VERY satisfied with level of her
:: interest and results. period.

Interest for WHAT? WHAT results are you referring to?
Uh..., did you read the title of the article?

:: Say what you mean and mean what you say.

That's just great for the little voicebox we call 'echo-plex'.
Aren't you just touting the party line here?

:: Don't make promises and policies you don't intend to
:: to keep and to keep the policies and promises you do make.

That's fine. What promise ARE you talking about?

:: ACTIONS speak louder than words.
:: ACTIONS are PROOF of intent.
:: ACTIONS are the final judgment of character.

No SUBSTANCE, No ACTION. No ACTION, No intent.
No character, well, you know the rest.

:: It REALLY is that simple.

Simple minds, simple jobs. Can I get a smile and a
handshake too?

Old November 3rd 07, 02:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Matt

Clinton gets credit for being the first to tee up the subject. But
she promised something to everyone and said not a word about topline
budget or funding sources. There's nothing there anyone can hold her
to.

Old November 3rd 07, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Nov 3, 6:48 am, Matt wrote:
Clinton gets credit for being the first to tee up the subject. But
she promised something to everyone and said not a word about topline
budget or funding sources. There's nothing there anyone can hold her
to.

Perhaps she's just being as nice of election vote getter as she can
muster. Wouldn't you? (what good are the best of intentions if you're
not in charge?)

If she can get us mostly out of this never ending war with those oily
Muslims, perhaps we'll not be paying $10/gallon by this time next
year, and then we'll have lots of spare loot for doing all sorts of
nifty stuff in space. Wouldn't you silly folks like to pay less than
$2/gallon for your road fuel, and of low sulphur home heating oil at
not more than $1.50/gallon, and subsequently paying less for most of
everything else?
- Brad Guth -

Old November 3rd 07, 10:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
American

On Nov 3, 10:48 am, Matt wrote:
Clinton gets credit for being the first to tee up the subject. But
she promised something to everyone and said not a word about topline
budget or funding sources. There's nothing there anyone can hold her
to.

Beltway Washingtonians who support NASA are numbskulls.

Look at all the projects that have come down the pike in
recent years: Roton, X-33, Venturestar, Kelly Space, Space
Access, Pioneer Rocketplane, Beal Aerospace - all became
underfunded and "overlicensed", yet worked. Andrew Beal put
it this way: "The BA-2C program was the largest privately
funded program ever in existence to build a large capacity
space launch system. Unfortunately, development of a reliable
low cost system is simply not enough to ensure commercial
viability. Several uncertainties remain that are totally
beyond our control and put our entire business at risk.
The most insurmountable risk is the desire of the U.S.
government and NASA to subsidize competing launch systems.
NASA has embarked on a plan to develop a "second generation"
launch system that will be subsidized by U.S. taxpayers and
that will compete directly with the private sector..."

.... There will never be a private launch industry as long
as NASA and the U.S. government choose and subsidize launch
systems. While Boeing and Lockheed are private entities,
their launch systems and components are derivatives of
various military initiatives. Very little new effort takes
place without significant government subsidy, control, and
involvement. While we believed we could compete successfully
against the government subsidized EELV launch vehicles,
the characteristics and depth of subsidy for NASA's new
initiative as well as its ultimate performance are
impossible to determine or evaluate."

There you have it. My contention stands.
Beltway Washingtonians who support NASA are numbskulls.

Yet Hillary Clinton is just another big government
functionary with no real interest in space exploration.
Does that even make her a numbskull?

No.

Hillary Clinton represents the death of conservatism in
this country as we know it. It is conservatism which
allows most private industry to remain private, as well
as remain sovereign, in contrast to all the transnation-
alism and thievery, which is at an all time high, in
contrast to our national identity as a truly spacefaring
nation. We need to move in the direction "out" with the
same tenacity that created our early system of government
- small, independent, and self-sufficient.

I'm noticing an increase in synchronicity with the
smearing of revolutionary ideas in science and industry.
These are things which must not be allowed to happen
if a society is to remain free from the control of
dictators, as well as the continual propagandizing of
those who *seem* to represent all things for all people.

It is time for the free reign of big government that
has been slowing or hindering the implementation of
revolutionary ideas for COST EFFECTIVE STARTUPS in
science and technology to be reigned in, while at the
same time insuring our independence to keep this type
of sovereignity in place for generations to come.

American

God, give us men! A time like this demands
Strong minds, great hearts, true faith and ready hands;
Men whom the lust of office does not kill;
Men whom the spoils of office cannot buy;
Men who possess opinions and a will;
Men who have honor; men who will not lie;
Men who can stand before a demagogue and damn
His treacherous flatteries without winking!
Tall men, sun-crowned, who live above the fog
In public duty and in private thinking.

(Josiah Gilbert Holland)

Old November 4th 07, 12:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy
rhw007

On Nov 3, 9:38 am, American wrote:
On Nov 2, 9:24 pm, rhw007 wrote:

:: I can only go by my PERSONAL interactions with Sen
:: Clinton about "space issues":
::http://commonsensecentral.net/csc_20...visits_ccc.htm
:: I and many others were VERY satisfied with level of her
:: interest and results. period.

Interest for WHAT? WHAT results are you referring to?
Uh..., did you read the title of the article?

Yes I did...I just don't agree with from my past experience. What
results???
Where where you in May 2000 when there had been NO MGS MOC DATA DUMP
for more than 18 moths when they were supposed to do so every 6
months???

I PERSONALLY brought to her attention this and other facts...36 hours
later Dr Mickey Malin began his "prolonged" data dump.

He was also NEVER late after that until this last and final MGS MOC
data dump about a month or so ago.

Again....RESEARCH....

:: Say what you mean and mean what you say.

That's just great for the little voicebox we call 'echo-plex'.
Aren't you just touting the party line here?

I'm touting MY OWN 'party line' and nothing more.
I wish ALL politicians...including Sen Clinton would do the same.
She recently gave two different answers on the NY licences for illegal
immigrants in NY.
My borthoer is running for councilman in our home town and emailed
Bill O'Riely to ask why the following were NOT being addresses by
ANYONE, polticians, beaurocrats or the media:

1: Would these illegals be required to take the written Driver's test.
2. If they passed the written....would they also be required to take a
Driver's test?
3. Would uderage illegals get permits with restrictions,like everyone
else?

Again..Say what you mean and mean what you say...

I do NOT see ANY 'politician' doing that these days...NONE.

:: Don't make promises and policies you don't intend to
:: to keep and to keep the policies and promises you do make.

That's fine. What promise ARE you talking about?

I never promised anything...I keep using these phrases I made up and
put together on the end of many posts inhopes of spreading the
awakening of people who read them to THINK and LISTEN to what the
polticians, the media and the beaurocrats are saying...or NOT
saying...and DO they keep their promises?
Remeber King Georgie Jr said he was NOT into "Nation Building" when
running for the 2000 election when he KNEW well before he began
running THAT was exactly the 'agenda'.

:: ACTIONS speak louder than words.
:: ACTIONS are PROOF of intent.
:: ACTIONS are the final judgment of character.

No SUBSTANCE, No ACTION. No ACTION, No intent.
No character, well, you know the rest.

:: It REALLY is that simple.

Simple minds, simple jobs. Can I get a smile and a
handshake too?

:: Bob...
::http://www.commonsensecentral.net

American

I think this Administrative and Congressional actions are PROOF that
NONE of them have any REAL moral backbone.

You already have my smile...and depends on how you define
'handshake' ...Especially with Rep Sen Craig getting caught playing
'handsies' in the Minnisota bathroom....wouldn't want to miscontrue
any overt overture...LOL....

Bob...

Old November 4th 07, 03:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Nov 2, 9:24 pm, rhw007 wrote:

[...]

Bob...- Hide quoted text -

When exactly was the last time our faith-based puppets of government
ever told us the initial whole truth and nothing but the truth?
- Brad Guth -

Old November 4th 07, 05:50 AM posted to sci.space.policy
rhw007

On Nov 2, 9:24 pm, rhw007 wrote:

[...]

- Brad Guth -- Hide quoted text -

When the Drafted the Constitution and the Declaration of
Independance....sadly it went downhill all too shortly, now we are on
a powered out-of-control descent.

Bob....

Old November 4th 07, 02:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Nov 2, 9:24 pm, rhw007 wrote:

[...]

Isn't that what mainstream faith-based puppeteering does best? (trash
most every nation they associate with)

It seems that the more government authority that's in any way faith-
based by way of those that have no remorse about having put their own
kind on a stick for a PR stunt, the worse off such things have gotten.

Just outside of government seems to be a good many viable alternatives
that are not nearly as spendy or without remorse. Many of these less
aggressive faith-based groups would most certainly have accomplished a
better job than FEMA, our USACE, DHS or even that of our NASA. That's
not saying we don't need a strong public government and DoD that knows
best how to seriously kick butt whenever necessary.
- Brad Guth -