Physicist Says Parallel Universes Definitely Exist and We May Soon Explore Them

Old May 15th 20, 01:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Andrew W[_2_]

Default Physicist Says Parallel Universes Definitely Exist and We May Soon Explore Them

Physicist Says Parallel Universes Definitely Exist and We May Soon Explore
Them

https://tinyurl.com/rbks9eh

Are we living in a multiverse?

(TMU) — Theoretical physicist Sean Carroll expressed that clues in the
small-scale structure of the universe point to the existence of numerous
parallel worlds.

The shocking comments were made on the Joe Rogan Experience (JRE) podcast
last year. Carroll says that the fact that tiny particles like electrons and
photons don’t have one set location in the universe is evidence that there
are many parallel universes.

Recently, in a follow up interview with News.com.au, Carroll expanded his
thoughts. “But there’s a lot more going on,” Carroll told News.com.au. “Not
every world you imagine actually comes true.”

The common sense rules of physics that rule our lives everyday make sense to
us but at very minuscule scales common sense breaks down altogether. At the
quantum level, the empty vacuum of space is filled with tiny particles
constantly popping in and out of existence.

Bell’s theorem, a fundamental construct in quantum mechanics, may prove that
multiverses exist. This theorem deals with situations where particles
interact with each other, become entangled, and then go their separate ways,
according to New Scientist.

“There are still equations, physical rules, patterns that must be obeyed.
Some possible alternate worlds can come true. But not all of them,” Carroll
said.

In the past, Carroll has advanced some groundbreaking yet controversial
theories on topics such as the Big Bang theory and the nature of time.

He has said that the universe didn’t start in a huge explosion as most
people now believe, but instead it is an infinitely old, constantly
inflating entity in which time can run both forward and backward.

For Carroll quantum physics is not something that can be broken down and
explained in simpler terms.

“As far as we currently know,” he writes. “Quantum mechanics isn’t just an
approximation to the truth; it is the truth.”

“Physics is stuck trying to understand the fundamentals of nature and the
Big Bang,” Carroll said. “It’s time to take a step back and understand its
foundations. It’s time to tackle our understanding of the quantum world.”

In 2011 physicist Brian Greene wrote a book exploring the possibility called
The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos.

“You almost can’t avoid having some version of the multiverse in your
studies if you push deeply enough in the mathematical descriptions of the
physical universe,” Greene told NPR. “There are many of us thinking of one
version of parallel universe theory or another. If it’s all a lot of
nonsense, then it’s a lot of wasted effort going into this far-out idea. But
if this idea is correct, it is a fantastic upheaval in our understanding.”

Even Stephen Hawking suggested that, thanks to quantum mechanics, the Big
Bang supplied us with an endless number of universes, not just one.

Up until this point understanding quantum physics and its realms has been
impossible, but Carroll hopes that is changing thanks to technology.

“Now we’re getting better at that,” Carroll says. “Technology has improved.
Maybe things are going to change.”

more https://tinyurl.com/rbks9eh

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ajwerner/

The golden rule with food - if it smells strange from the fridge then throw
it in the bin. With Christianity, if it sounds strange and it's from the
Bible then you must embrace it as the word of God.

A question to all Christians: Was the Bible inspired or dictated? Because if
it was just inspired then it can't be called God's word.

http://www.rumormillnews.com -- The best alternative news site.

Old May 19th 20, 06:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Universe=20means=20everything.

There=20can=20be=20only=20one=20!

Parallel universes really exist and interact, says a team of scientists G=EMC^2TreBert Misc 0 March 6th 15 05:36 PM
Freaky Physics Proves Parallel Universes Exist NewsToBeRead Astronomy Misc 4 May 5th 10 12:14 PM
parallel universes mathematician Astronomy Misc 2 June 25th 07 08:43 AM
parallel Universes Bible John Misc 11 November 8th 05 03:50 AM
parallel Universes G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 2 November 7th 05 10:28 PM