Old June 7th 04, 09:17 AM
Martin Brown

Default B, Big, Big Bang, Big Bang Books...

In message , Sam Wormley
writes
socalsw wrote:

indictment of the book. For me, I like _The Whole Shebang_ by Timothy
Ferris. Any others?

Erik
socalsw

Brian Greene, "The Elegant Universe" (1999)
Brian Greene, "The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time and the Texture of
Reality" (2004)
Seife, "Alpha & Omega", Viking (2003)
Wright, "Ned Wright's Cosmology Tutorial"
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmolog.htm
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni.html

Popular Cosmology Books
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmobib.html

Another covering similar ground is Martin Rees, "Just Six Numbers".

And then there are, as the book department once put it Unpopular
Cosmology Books that do not shirk from all of the relevant equations.

Joseph Silk, "The Big Bang" is pretty good on that count.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown