Old November 28th 18, 06:43 AM posted to sci.astro.research
jacobnavia

Default dark matter hypothesis

Le 26/11/2018 à 19:49, a écrit :
[[Mod. note -- Microlensing studies show that at most a small fraction
of the dark matter in the Milky Way's halo can be in compact objects
of stellar mass. For example, the EROS project
https://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0607207
concluded that "machos in the mass range 0.6e-7 M_sun M 15 M_sun
are ruled out as the primary occupants of the Milky Way Halo".

That study assumes a spherical halo around the galaxy. It measures the
events when a massive body passes between us and stars in the small and
large maghellanic clouds, two satellite galaxies of our own galaxy.

IF the halo is spherical THEN the study is right.

If the halo is NOT spherical but follows the plane of the milky way,
i.e. most dead stars are in the galaxy plane and WITHIN the galaxy, that
study proves nothing.

If we suppose that the galaxy is old, very old, a lot of star corpses
should be around within the plane of the galaxy where they spent all
their relatively short lives...

Now, most stars that go supernovae have non-symmetrical explosions that
could propel their "dead" corpses in random directions, but the galaxy's
gravity should hold most of them back and keep them within the galaxy
plane.

To prove/disprove this hypothesis we should look for einstein rings
within our own galaxy.