Old September 14th 18, 04:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 17:09:57 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
wrote:

Religion requires accepting certain things on faith. Should we conclude from
these premises that religion and science are in total opposition?

Yes.

Before we can do that, we would have to ask: *what* things does religion ask us
to accept on faith?

It doesn't. Because we should accept nothing on faith. To do so is to
reject reason. Faith is an epistemological system that can never
reliably produce accurate knowledge. If faith is involved, then the
search has already failed.