Old December 2nd 17, 05:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default The Equation of Time(keeping)

On Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 4:47:44 PM UTC, palsing wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'm not the one here with the rotted brain...

Look around you, what person would dare bring up the Equation of Time(keeping) as absolute/relative time knowing it means the end of the theorists as we know them. Newton's Principia is like a Brexit document, making things up as he went along for followers who are inclined to the same sort of behavior but entirely disruptive and unproductive.

I will just shrug and tell you that human advancement in astronomy and terrestrial sciences is finished unless the limitations of 17th century empiricism is dealt with otherwise you have nothing new, creative and productive coming in . So go ahead and tell me how great Newton was but for me that ship has sailed and I only care about the actual development of timekeeping in tandem with the planetary motions/cycles.