Old October 6th 04, 10:26 PM
Bruce Hoult

Joe Strout wrote:

So, if they can pull it off, more power to them, but at first blush, 3
years to production flights seems extremely optimistic. But I'm hoping
there is some reason to see these guys as serious competition. Anybody
know anything more about their funding or experience? What are the odds
that they can actually do it (even if a few years late)?

Well, in late 1998 or early 1999 they already had vehicles designed to
the point that they could get fixed price quotes for construction from
the "usual suspects". They've juggled the capabilities vs cost thing a
few times since then, but I don't see any reason they couldn't have
something to fly pretty soon after having real money available to spend.

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-