Old February 12th 18, 08:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Direct/retrograde loops

A genuine teacher would find it impossible not to teach their students how we see the faster moving planets closer to the Sun differently than the slower moving planets further out. One of the joys of life is bring up perspectives that make sense hence the saying of Galileo -

“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.”
― Galileo Galilei

If asked to explain why Venus displays direct/retrograde motion, there is no possible way to avoid the planet's phases as the planet runs an actual loop of the Sun -

http://www.insideastronomy.com/uploa...0_7_128459.jpg

There is a good reason why theorists oppose human space travel as they are not comfortable with space and our celestial neighborhood while those with higher reasoning in astronomical affairs would encourage visiting the new frontier as all societies are meant to do.