Old January 10th 18, 09:08 PM posted to sci.astro.research
jacobnavia

Default A quasar, too heavy to be true

Le 01/01/2018 Ã* 17:09, Eric Flesch a écritÂ*:
but if we vanished
tomorrow

That's one way of seeing the future.

Personally, I do not think that we will vanish tomorrow.

Why would we?

The history of homo sapiens is relatively new in human history, millions
of years old.

We discovered fire, and with it cooking. That allowed us to eat better,
pre-digesting food and hence enlarging the amount of food available to us.

Then, we grew, and population growth made old methods unpracticable.

We figured out a symbiosis with certain kinds of plants we choose.

We settled down and developed agriculture.

We constructed a symbiosis with certain kinds of animals that provided
meat easier and better than hunting around for meat.

We used a bit our brains. That's what they are for, anyway.

Use your brain. Sapiens knows that.

Because we grew, and population growth makes old methods unpracticable.

We expanded through the whole planet and we constructed a human
environment. We setup fields of plants we planted, and our work made
more food available.

And we built cities, developed writing, started to look at the stars.

And we started to fly.

Humans are too heavy to fly. That's why they build machines heavier than
the air that fly. In this manner, Sapiens has been able to start flying.

Higher and faster than ever a bird would dream of.

I like being born in the suburbs. Unlike downtown, where all stars are
so near each other, from here we have a much better view of the Way,
spinning like a gigantic inclined wheel, right in front of you. What a
nice view!

The problem of suburbs, as everybody knows, is that there is no
transportation.

Downtown, since the distances between the stars are smaller and the
stars older, life has solved the transportation problem eons ago.

Not in the suburbs, way countryside like here. To meet the others, we
have to develop our own transportation.

But I think that using our brains we will develop transportation,
eventually.

An essential part in the development of transport, is the fact that we
see the stars, we see the Way.

Astronomy.

It motivates Sapiens.