Old January 10th 10, 05:41 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,alt.journalism,alt.news-media,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

Default Sirius and us, Newtonian inseparable / FAS & Brad Guth

On Jan 9, 9:30*pm, arare litus litus.arare@gmaildotcom wrote:
On 1/9/2010 8:59 PM, BradGuth wrote:

It seems those pesky Newtonian laws of gravity, though weak, do apply.

When did you think that they stopped applying? *You seem to have had
an accident that left you brain damaged, for the entire galaxy is
gravitationally 'locked'. *Though, locked is a very poor term to use
in this circumstance. *Effected, by varying degrees, at various times.

Obviously you're new to this topic. You'll not get an argument out of
me about our elliptical tidal association with Sirius.

How much does the moon pull on you? *Does it help you stand up easier
when it is overhead? *How about the sun?

Our moon(Selene) represents 2e20 N/sec on the whole sum of Earth
(including myself).

~ BG